Bouncing test for central hydractive spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Juliso35
My Cars:

Bouncing test for central hydractive spheres

Post by Juliso35 »

Hello

Nice to be here again. I have little doubt!!!

There's a simple way to know the condition of central Hydractive spheres? The bounce test on the corners is the suitable for themselves, but how to distinguish which of the three sphere per axle (hydractiva) is not in good shape.
I.e the corners spheres are very well, how can be noted that central sphere is wrong.

Regards
:D Image :D
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Bouncing test for central hydractive spheres

Post by DickieG »

With the doors shut and igntion off for over 30 seconds push down on each corner then open a door and do the same push test, with the doors open the suspension should be softer.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Juliso35
My Cars:

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi DickieG

A flat hydractive sphere could affect tick rate? This test you said should valid if height correctors and EV's are fully OK and non leaky right?

There is another way in case of failures in these two components? Just testiboules :(

Regards
:D Image :D
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Juliso35 wrote:A flat hydractive sphere could affect tick rate? This test you said should valid if height correctors and EV's are fully OK and non leaky right?
A flat sphere will have some effect on tick rate as the sphere membrane will no longer have the ability to flex, how much effect a flat Hydractive sphere will have on the tick rate I couldn't tell you.

For the test to be effective yes the car needs to be at the correct height, if the electrovalves are stuck open or closed then no difference will be felt between tests.
Juliso35 wrote:There is another way in case of failures in these two components? Just testiboules :(
I can't think of any other ways other than using a sphere pressure tester.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH