Peugeot 407 Sat Nav Problem :(

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LlanelliP

Peugeot 407 Sat Nav Problem :(

Post by LlanelliP »

The Sat Nav in my 407 is not detecting my current location, it shows me as somewhere in Coventry?!?

How should I start to solve this?

Any ideas/comment welcomed

Thanks
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I don't know much about 407's but C5's apparently have a lot of of problems with the aerial and IIRC in particular the base with regards to water ingress. I don't know whether 407's have the same aerial/base but its got to be worth a quick look.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What about driving to the exact location shown, then disconnecting the battery for 24 hours, to reset the satnav? :shock:

More seriously, as DG infers you need to get it plugged into a Peugeot Planet diagnostic station. Look up the "Lexia Locations" elsewhere in this Forum, as many of their owners also have the Peugeot software.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Peugeot 407 Sat Nav Problem :(

Post by CitroJim »

LlanelliP wrote:it shows me as somewhere in Coventry?!?
It's sent you to Coventry has it? So, it's not talking to you either then?

It is quite frequent that a satnav would stick on its last known location if it receives no signals so the aerial is a good spot to look..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
LlanelliP

Post by LlanelliP »

I have been told that the aerial is integrated into the rear window. Would this mean replacing the glass?

What do you guys think?

Thanks
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I would believe there is a base unit signal amplifier, probably under the roof lining or a trim mould right next to where the screen wiring starts. That's the usual culprit.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

LlanelliP wrote:I have been told that the aerial is integrated into the rear window. Would this mean replacing the glass?

What do you guys think?
I would imagine that the aerial for the radio is integrated into the rear glass but i doubt the GPS reciever is. Is there no sign of an aerial on the roof anywhere ?