306 rear anti roll bar?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wiggie_me

306 rear anti roll bar?

Post by wiggie_me »

is there a anti roll bar that goes through the middle of the beam? somthing crunched a week ago and since then when the arse of the car has been very wobbley at speed.

i have just replaced the dampers with no change. could an anti roll bar snapped??
wiggie_me

Re: 306 rear anti roll bar?

Post by wiggie_me »

wiggie_me wrote:is there a anti roll bar that goes through the middle of the beam? somthing crunched a week ago and since then when the arse of the car has been very wobbley at speed.

i have just replaced the dampers with no change. could an anti roll bar snapped??
well that sounds like i never went to school, i cant multi task. but im sure u can understand what i meant.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Yes, there's a roll bar through the middle splined into the centre of each trailing arm bearing. It's possible you've broken a trailing arm bearing or sub frame mount - I can't really see how the ARB could make it 'wobbly' at speed. How do mean crunched? Under what circumstances? Are the wheels still vertical when viewed from behind the car?
Richard W
eddie123

Post by eddie123 »

Yes there is a roll bar. Very strange for it to just snap?
wiggie_me

Post by wiggie_me »

turned out to be a very worn wheel bearing. cant believe it wasnt making a noise? it all fell out in bits!