wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

h2ocooler
My Cars:

Re: wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?

Post by h2ocooler »

c5est wrote:wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?
Depends on what you want to do with it...
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
c5est
My Cars:

Re: wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?

Post by c5est »

h2ocooler wrote:
c5est wrote:wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?
Depends on what you want to do with it...
Rob
If onist I think I have a imobiliser problem, I whant ceck it , because dealer asking 104 quid for diagnostic. it's will be much cheaper to buy one and I will have it for future, thanks
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

LEXIA 3 will cost you from £139 on ebay but thats an import from hong kong, uk based supplier is about £200, then you need a laptop too.
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
jimleshed
My Cars:

Post by jimleshed »

I got one from Ebay for £139 and it works fine. Was a bit of a fight to install the software though!
Only works on XP, and as my two machines are vista and W7 i had to work around. Used a VM and all seems ok. been able to clear faults.
JLS
Jim Le Shed
Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
Mazda RX8 231PS
Past history...
Mazda MX5
Renault Lagunas (3)
Peugeot 405, 205
Citroen CX's (5)
Citroen GS (lots of other Cars and Bikes too!!)
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

jimleshed wrote:I got one from Ebay for £139 and it works fine. Was a bit of a fight to install the software though!
Only works on XP, and as my two machines are vista and W7 i had to work around. Used a VM and all seems ok. been able to clear faults.
JLS
have you think does it will sorted out my imobiliser problem?
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Anyone lese with positive experience of £139 lexia from Hong Kong and who did you use?

Do they provide updates?
C'est pas possible!
jimleshed
My Cars:

Post by jimleshed »

Hi C5est, I really dont know. I only just got my Lexia3 and havent played with it much. Perhaps a more knowledgeable Lex user can answer that!

Boris - no, my lex does not get updates as far as I know, but again perhaps a more knowledgeable Lex user can answer that!
JLS
Jim Le Shed
Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
Mazda RX8 231PS
Past history...
Mazda MX5
Renault Lagunas (3)
Peugeot 405, 205
Citroen CX's (5)
Citroen GS (lots of other Cars and Bikes too!!)
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

jimleshed wrote:Hi C5est, I really dont know. I only just got my Lexia3 and havent played with it much. Perhaps a more knowledgeable Lex user can answer that!

Boris - no, my lex does not get updates as far as I know, but again perhaps a more knowledgeable Lex user can answer that!
JLS
do you know can I get somethink expensiv, and what will take another cars to I need for my fiat stilo too, thanks for answers!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Yes I have one! Not 100 percent positive were exactly it came from, a UK importer I think but its a chineese one, and does everything I want for!!

VERY Pleased!

Used on an XP based laptop too, Dell D505..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

c5est wrote:
jimleshed wrote:I got one from Ebay for £139 and it works fine. Was a bit of a fight to install the software though!
JLS
Unless its just lost the key memory & they need reprograming then no it wont sort your immobiliser problem. It may however assist in finding what the fault is. Diagnostic tools are not magic things that you plug in & they tell you there is a broken wire under the passangers seat. You still need to use your head.
Reading the other post you made i doubt your fault is immobiliser related anyway. If the key warning light doesent flash constantly when you turn the ignition on then its unlikely an immobiliser problem.
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

wheeler wrote:
c5est wrote:
JLS
Unless its just lost the key memory & they need reprograming then no it wont sort your immobiliser problem. It may however assist in finding what the fault is. Diagnostic tools are not magic things that you plug in & they tell you there is a broken wire under the passangers seat. You still need to use your head.
Reading the other post you made i doubt your fault is immobiliser related anyway. If the key warning light doesent flash constantly when you turn the ignition on then its unlikely an immobiliser problem.
when I was starting a car its show on display imobilaser problem, and it's wont start but didn't, and it's not displaying batery and oil on odo. but with cey I can open and lock the dors and it's not flashing imo light.
anothert think, I have fiat stilo wich flashing air bags faultly, and I whant get some diagnostick tool who can read fiat and citroen, fiat is petrol 2003 and citroen diesel 2002, thanks for replys!
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

citroenxm wrote:Yes I have one! Not 100 percent positive were exactly it came from, a UK importer I think but its a chineese one, and does everything I want for!!

VERY Pleased!

Paul
paul! can yuou please send some nummbers or somethink from your diagnostick tool. I can try to found somethink simular, thanks!
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

c5est wrote:
citroenxm wrote:Yes I have one! Not 100 percent positive were exactly it came from, a UK importer I think but its a chineese one, and does everything I want for!!

VERY Pleased!

Paul
paul! can yuou please send some nummbers or somethink from your diagnostick tool. I can try to found somethink simular, thanks!
can someone explain me why LEXIA is so good, or beter than all rest diagnostick tools, it's 2 times more expensive
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

c5est wrote:
c5est wrote:

VERY Pleased!

Paul
can someone explain me why LEXIA is so good, or beter than all rest diagnostick tools, it's 2 times more expensive
Because it is Citroen-dedicated and can read the codes that other bee.. tools cannot reach.