Xantia Alarm pcb

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sparkyjack

Xantia Alarm pcb

Post by sparkyjack »

Recent questions have highlighted the need to prevent damp getting to alarm pcb under passenger side carpet.
I have an intermittent alarm fault that occurs in wet weather - so I thought I'll lift the carpet and check the pcb. Here's the question (and I know it sounds basic) Where approx is the pcb in the footwell and what is the best way to lift the carpet to get at it. I just thought it would be a matter of a couple of pulls but it seems as if I have to dismantle the centre consul or the door trim!!!
Thanks
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Its actualy in a plastic box under the passenger seat and slightly rearward so the seat may have to be removed for best access.
Dave
sparkyjack

Post by sparkyjack »

Thanks for that Dave
If it is that far back it might not be the problem, but I will check in the morning.
My other thought was that water was penetrating through the plastic scuttle where it joins the base of the windscreen. I'm not sure whether there are any electrics near that would affect the alarm - anyone had any similar problems?
Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

theres a 30 pin brown connector in the passangers footwell under the carpet that can be affected by water when it comes in the scuttle panel,it has alarm & c/locking wires in it.
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

This brown connector is what caused me problems. the wires corroded in the water.
I dried the car out, bodged, sorry fixed <g> the leak, and soldered the wires back together and then wrapped the whole lot in a plastic bag..