What's an Activa?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tourist
My Cars:

What's an Activa?

Post by Tourist »

What is the Activa? I've seen people talk about it all over the forum, is it a sporty Xantia? I know nothing about the Xantia ... it's not a model I've looked at/read about much.

Sorry for being such a noob :lol:
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

http://www.citroen.mb.ca/Documents/car/1.html

Check out the Activa area at the lower section of this forum's main index
page layout too. And it ISN'T a gimmick feature even if Citroen didn't pursue
the concept in subsequent models! :D

Andrew
Tourist
My Cars:

Post by Tourist »

Oh yeah 8)
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: What's an Activa?

Post by CitroJim »

Tourist wrote:What is the Activa? I've seen people talk about it all over the forum, is it a sporty Xantia?
Not so much really sporty James. I like to describe them as a Gentleman's GT with the GT moniker being used in the correct sense, i.e. Grand Tourer. A sort of miniture Jensen Interceptor. Thinking on, they're almost as thirsty as an Interceptor as well :lol: :lol:

As Andrew so rightly says, the Activa bits are not a gimmick at all and work to give the most sublime handling and feel imaginable. They are just a little complex in the suspension department though!

You have to experience one to really understand what they're all about. Come to the CCC National or the CCC Midland Section rally at Stratford this year and you can then see what they're all about :D

One thing I like about them is they are very understated. You could look at an Activa and not even realise it as really they look no different to any other Xantia, they only have a discreet door badge to give away what they are and on the inside they look no different to the VSX/ Exclusive. Older people like me call them Q Cars and you youngesters might refer to them as "Sleepers". See this article for the definition of a Q car: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_(car) Note: that's a bad link to post as the (car) bit upsets the url posting tags on this forum - hence the (car) bit appearing separately whereas in reality it's all part of the URL.

Else, if you ever pass by this way, look in and see me. Mind you, if you do, you'll come away addicted to Xantias in general. It's catching :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Tourist
My Cars:

Post by Tourist »

OK Jim I understand what the Activa is now, maybe one day I can drive one, or any Xantia but for the moment I have to say I don't see the appeal in the Xantia :? maybe I will.
Brigsygtt
My Cars:

Post by Brigsygtt »

The activa is probably the best handling citroen to date imo, Hydropneumatic suspension at its best. You need to drive one to appreciate it :wink:

The best thing is a really nice one can be picked up for under 1k with all the toys.
97 Xantia 1.9 td lx with a/c (Daily, 172K, FOR SALE)
98 Xantia Hdi Lx with a/c (105k)
97 Renault Extra (c1j turbo 230+hp, 12.88@106)
91 Renault 5 Gt turbo (68k minter)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Tourist wrote:...I have to say I don't see the appeal in the Xantia :?
Sir! Ban him!

:lol:

And while you're at it, rip the leather patches off his jacket elbows and break his pipe.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

What is the Activa?
It's a lesser spotted Xantia, 8) which is rare, worth having, and should be looked after, and cherished! :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.