Air bag warning light ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davidc
(Donor 2021)
My Cars:

Air bag warning light ?

Post by davidc »

Hello
Recently disconnected/removed airbag as I stuffed the connector on the back of it. Now getting the airbag warning light. My question is - by disconnecting the plug under the seat as mentioned in other thread(s) to kill the light will that disable the seatbelt pretensioners (which I still want to be active)?
Cheers
David
2007 C5 hdi Wagon
74 D Special
2009 Mercedes Benz ML 320 cdi
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hi David, if you'd joined us in the "peanut gallery" last meeting I'd have filled you in. The wires on the yellow underseat connector fire the pretensioner. The black connector is the seat belt warning light.

You'll have to "dummy" the circuit load for the airbag, by bridging its lead terminals with an appropriate resistor. Not sure what the value may be, as I don't know anyone who's put a multimeter across them!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

addo wrote: You'll have to "dummy" the circuit load for the airbag, by bridging its lead terminals with an appropriate resistor. Not sure what the value may be, as I don't know anyone who's put a multimeter across them!
Not sure if your joking or not about the multimeter across the airbag/pre tensioners but never do this as it can deploy them.
I believe the dummy resistance is 2.2 ohms.