Xantia Air/Oil Filters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Xantia Air/Oil Filters

Post by KP »

Do ALL xantia's use the same air filter? Even petrol and diesels as i've seen a few engine bays and the airbox's look pretty much the same but im just thinking of getting a K&N one to save myself some money in the long term for the miles the cars i have cover?
Also same for oil filters as i have some in the garage that i have had for past TD's, although changing them was probably a lot easier due to lack of an undertray as well.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

A quick look at the Bosch filter list shows two types of air filter used across the Xantia range

I think the LS867B/O201/F118/PH5566A is more or less the standard oil filter on all Citroens and Pugs.
ImageImage
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cool stuff,

I just notice on fleabay there are K&N filters for diff size engines and such like. My dads old 2.1 one that i got him fitted straight into his C5 so he kept it so it must be quite generic.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

From my experience with a 1996 Xantia 1.9TD, and an Xantia 1999 1.9TD & and my sons C5 2.0 LTR (2001) 110. Hdi, they all have the same Air Filter. All the above are using K&N air filters with total satisfaction. K&N have a good web site, where if you type in particulars of your car they tell you the filter for your particular car & as far as I remember their is only the one size for Xantias.
Diesel engines require no re-tuning for a K&N filter. Just fit & drive away. Also no need to advise your Insurance Company, as you are fitting it in the existing housing & therefore it is NOT considered an engine modification. Petrol is different & the engine requires re-tuning
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

jmd wrote:From my experience with a 1996 Xantia 1.9TD, and an Xantia 1999 1.9TD & and my sons C5 2.0 LTR (2001) 110. Hdi, they all have the same Air Filter. All the above are using K&N air filters with total satisfaction. K&N have a good web site, where if you type in particulars of your car they tell you the filter for your particular car & as far as I remember their is only the one size for Xantias.
Diesel engines require no re-tuning for a K&N filter. Just fit & drive away. Also no need to advise your Insurance Company, as you are fitting it in the existing housing & therefore it is NOT considered an engine modification. Petrol is different & the engine requires re-tuning
Does it make much difference?
If so, is it enough to warrent the cost?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jmd wrote:Petrol is different & the engine requires re-tuning
All the petrol ECUs are adaptaive to a sufficient degree to be able to cope with a more free-flowing filter so no tuning should be necessary.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

To be honest for me its more cost saving than performance :)
Wash with good old H&S and then re-oil and off we go :)