Picasso door lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Picasso door lock

Post by RichardW »

Looks like I have to change the driver's door lock assembly on the Picasso. It seems to be a common failure nosing about the net, and replacements are not that dear (£45 or so). I wonder if it can be fixed though.... :lol: Haynes says need to remove the window to get the lock out - anybody done it and can confirm? Seems like a bit of palaver!
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i did a rear one on my freinds pisssscaso, did not remove the glass but i think i had to remove the lower section of the window chanel, i think it was about £36 squid trade,

its a sealed unit which includes the central locking slave unit

regards malcolm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

No need to remove the glass & you cant pull the guide out the way.
There is a plastic sheild over the lock that is a pain to refit (if you decide to refit it that is :twisted: ). A bit of 'modification' & it will go back in ok.
Thinking about it the sheild would be easy to refit if you had the glass out :?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Got new lock. Fell at the first hurdle fitting it - couldn't prize the clips off the door panel with my usual assortment of fingers and screwdrivers - they are too deeply recessed and tight. Need to get a trim removal tool, but just got blank looks from the teenagers in Halfords on Sunday morning :lol:
Richard W
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: Picasso door lock

Post by RichardW »

Aha! Now the search has updated I can find this post!

Finally got around to doing the lock this weekend - only 3 years since it was giving trouble.... :oops: SWMBO was complaining that it was failing to unlock most times, so I thought I'd better get on with it...

Trim tool I had bought was not man enough, but I perservered this time and got it adrift. The plastic cover wheeler mentioned is languishing on the bench, seemed like too much fight to put it back. I also removed the little rubber guide on the window channel, and forgot to put that back too - can't see what it does, and the window is working OK...will leave it and see what happens!
Richard W