Xantia sunroof drainiage

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

juraj

Xantia sunroof drainiage

Post by juraj »

Hi all

I am just wondering if xantia sunroofs drain like BX ones, ie the water is allowed to drip down onto the headlining and then drains down via 4 tubes, one at each corner?

bye all
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

There are 4 rubber pipes that run down the main A and B pillars yes.
The condensation or water ingress sits on the main tray/frame and
you'll need to get an air line on the pipes to clear any blockages.

Andrew
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

any water getting passed the slide/tilt roof draft felt dose go into the gully above the head linning the same as the BX, the best way i find to clear them is find tubes anedd blast them out with compresed air,
make sure you cover the seats with a dust sheet first
regards malcolm
juraj

Post by juraj »

Thanks guys, are the tubes easy to find or do they require a lot of other component removal, the rear BX tubes simply require tail light removal, but I never did find the front bx tubes
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the BX fronts are in the bottom of the A post, you access the from inside the car by reaching up at thwe ends of the dash, were you will find an openning you can just about catch hold of the bottom of the drain tube and bring it into the car, dont pull on it or you might pull it off of its plastic spout up in the head linning

not sure if the XANTS are the same, probably are though
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Just to add, the front drain pipes exit behind the front wheel mudshields about half way up. Mud can get behind the mudshields and block them, at least partially. It is worth pulling the mudshields off completey and cleaning out behind them.

The rear drain pipes exit high-up in the rear wheelarches and there is little or nothing to keep the mud away from the ends of the pipes. It builds up and again partially blocks the pipes. Give it all a good clean out regularly.

Blocked, or partially blocked rear drains will eventually lead to pools of water under your back seats...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
juraj

Post by juraj »

thanks guys,

actually i was looking at a 2000 xantia that had the sunroof sealed! but anyway i think its been scrapped,
bye