Water damaged trims?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

There is an excellent guide to removing and fitting them in the Handy Hinst & Tips section.

Presumably Citroen would sell them to you
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

i assume you are after the silver bit of the trim
you can prise them out with a small flat head screwdriver start about the middle of the trim and get the driver to pop the bottom out. they are held in by 'L' shaped lugs and should slide from back to front they only go in to each end by 3/4" or so
if i remember someone said halfrauds used to sell the strip by the metre :?
if you want something waterproof to stick the new ones in try mastik on a roll can get it from caravan accessory places etc they also call it chewing gum it will take up the gap and sticks like ^%$£!

will try and take pic of strip i removed from scrap xantia and post tomorrow with lengths etc

colin
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

Was at the kit car show at Donnington over the weekend. Noticed Car Builder Solutions had some self adhesive chrome trim at £3 metre for 12mm wide and £4 metre for 15mm wide. Not measured the trim on my Xantia yet to see how wide it needs to be. I think both the above prices are + VAT, seems a bit steep price wise but then I haven't got a price for the real thing yet from the Citroen dealer to compare.

Rory
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

Was at the kit car show at Donnington over the weekend. Noticed Car Builder Solutions had some self adhesive chrome trim at £3 metre for 12mm wide and £4 metre for 15mm wide. Not measured the trim on my Xantia yet to see how wide it needs to be. I think both the above prices are + VAT, seems a bit steep price wise but then I haven't got a price for the real thing yet from the Citroen dealer to compare.

Rory
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Brian Primmer in the CCC was selling kits at last years AGM in hunttingdon, i belive they were only for the 4 doors not the bummper trim, if you cant find a contact No. for him i will try and find one
regards malcolm
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

just an uopdate as been replacing leakoff pipes today and not got round to taking pics

the front and rear bumper trims are held on by L shape lugs whilst the door trim is slide and push fit

my appologies for getting it wrong again :oops:

pics will follow of bumper and door trim

colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

hi superloopy
how did it go at the mot??
good news or bad
pics added on this link of trim strip
smaller length 34" longer length 40"
other is front bumper trim showing locating lugs

http://aolpictures.aol.co.uk/galleries/xantiapics

colin