Xm 2.0i 8v XU timing belt cross reference... :-(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Xm 2.0i 8v XU timing belt cross reference... :-(

Post by andmcit »

Hohum!

My timing tensioner has run it's bearing out and collapsed allowing the belt to unravel whilst
I was driving. In hindight I realise now a noise that had just developed was the tensioner/idler
rather than the hydraulic pump I thought it was...

Anyhow, damage limitation exercise coming into effect!! First off - does anyone know if the
valves are clear of the piston in such a scenario or is there overlap?

Next off, as GSF dont directly list any Xm tensioner, does anyone know if it's the same as
the Xantia 2.0i 8v as there is a listing?

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Oh dear Andrew :cry:

Interference as far as I know but damage can be limited by the fact that the valves are perpendicular to the pistons and thus a bump up tends to push then straight up rather than bending them. The camshaft breaks instead :wink: Chances are, you have got away with it.

Yes,the belt and tensioner should be identical to the Xantia 2.0L 8V. All 2.0L 8V engines use the same.

I can look in pr.net for a conclusive answer of you wish Andrew. What is the engine code?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I'M ON A ROLL AT THE MOMENT! CALAMITIES JUST FIND ME THAT
BIT EASIER... :x :shock:

I'm pretty certain from checking the part numbers on Eurocar Parts
website the two engines do cross reference OK! TBH, I'm not 100%
sure where I'd find the engine code although it should be a XU10J2
engine. The timing belt'll likely need replacement although it is recent
and the tensioner did 'seem' to be OK at the time I checked it out on
a clutch change job.

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, it'll be the XU10J2 Andrew and according to pr.net, all the XU10 8V family use exactly the same tensioner and belt.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...