Xsara rear passenger door.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

Xsara rear passenger door.

Post by simonelsey »

Hi , DOe anyone now anythnig about the doors on a 2000 xsara hdi.

The door will not open , from inside or out . Seems handle/latch not working , Can hear central locking opening/moving .

Is it a difficult problem seeing as cannot open the door .

Any advice welcomed.
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

This used to be a very common problem on Pug 205s and the like. Usually caused by a sticky lock mechanism. You'll most likely find the door release is stuck in the open position and a touch of WD40 around the latch mechanism and it's linkage rods will fix it. The problem is, getting it there :evil:

The only way I ever found was to carefully remove the door card from within. Not an easy job at all but possible. You may have to remove seats :( to gain sufficient access.

Good luck!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Had a look today , cannot get arm rests off as stupid star screws . Anyone now what size and what the star heads are called.

I think the contorol arms have poped off as when I locked up the other day I heard a clang as the motor operated .

I feel pretty confident if I can get the right tool. :oops:
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

the star shaped socket headed screws are Torx headed. Your best bet is to buy a collection of bits like those illustrated in the link which will mean you can deal with most that you will find in your Xsara.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... and/clarke
jeremy