Wonderstuff....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Wonderstuff....

Post by bxbodger »

http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/easy-fu ... n-bx.shtml
All that for £4.95!!!!!!!!!!![?][:0]
But no picture, specifications, etc.............I reckon its a cheapo ekotec variant.
I wonder how many they have sold and why I can't find one on my neighbours Vectra, despite G.M. having invented it, whatever it is!!!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

The first question of the Q&A-
Q. Will the 'Easy Fuel Saver' void my Citroen bx car warranty ?
A. No. Since 'Fuel Saver Device' is an aftermarket removeable device, it will not void your vehicles warranty.
WARRANTY! Didn't realise Citroen extended one this far[:0]........And they can't spell removable[:0]
Snake oil.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Not snake oil, but a fine piece of advanced space age technology!!!!!-just look at this shiny knob you can get from them for only £29.95http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-tun ... n-bx.shtml- looks good, eh? According to their list of applications it will fit a Maxi, a 2cv, a Testarossa, you name it-and it goes up to 10!![:p]
I can imagine that trying to fool a 2cv's or Allegro's 'computer'.
Do you think I would get my money back if I complained that I can't find anywhere on my BX17RD to attach the wires to, or the chip below? At least I could fit a £4.95 fuelsaver............if I could get the Powerboost controller to work I think I'd need it!!!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Our Power Mod fools your cars computer into thinking that your carss engine is sucking in air at a lower temperature, hence the timing is advanced. Timing advance helps produce more power by igniting the sparks sooner, providing more time for the fuel / air mixture to burn completely, increasing cylinder pressure, thus providing more power
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Its a cheap and easy way to advance your ignition until your engine breaks, and fully adjustable too. Not enough pinking to burn a hole through a piston? No problem, just turn the machined aluminium controller clockwise.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Q. Will this device damage my car ?
A. Absolutely not. Since the altered signal will always stay within the Citroen bx cars's specifications, there is no way for your engine to get damaged in any way
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Basically, it either damages your engine or does nothing useful, and in any case Maplin will sell you a variable resistor for less money.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I'm going to see if I can steal their customer database and sell their punters even shinier knobs that go up to 11 at £44.99 each. Cayman Islands here I come!!![8D]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I have promptly ordered one of everything to fit the BX that they have[:D]
You will never catch me[:o)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

WARRANTY! Didn't realise Citroen extended one this far[:0]........And they can't spell removable[:0]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bugger, you mean they wont fix my ball joints under warranty - was thinking of going to the dealer that oh so impressed me with their service to demand a new set.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Bugger, you mean they wont fix my ball joints under warranty <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Just get rid of that 'orrible complicated french thing and get a Rover!! My local MG Rover dealers are now so desperate to shift the things that they are offering a free LIFETIME warranty on every new AND used Rover they sell; they've got so many still sitting around even at drastic discounts that there's nowhere to put the Hyundai stock.
How much a lifetime warranty is worth if there's no-one left to manufacture the parts is anyones guess, however.........
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

Depends on which lifteime the warnnty is for. Yours? Or the cars? Or for you only.
I suggest that it is non transferable (to another owner) and excludes "unobtainable " parts..
But what do I know ? because I'd never buy a Rover.. after my experiences with Company owned Rover 800s...:-(((((
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

From fuel saving devices to Rovers in nine posts. Interesting.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Has anyone ever heard of the phrase "Clunk Click". Oddly, it was just in my mind, then I saw this padlock thing.
Luckily, I am in a good mood.But, back on topic!!! Please!!!
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

They keep coming up with these go-faster add ons. Does anyone remember "surface discharge spark plugs"? Guaranteed to give you more power, more mpg and no more plug changes.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I have seen something very similar to surface discharge plugs in Mercury outboards, ther is no gap as such, just a very fat central electrode and an outer ring divided by ceramic material that is almost flush, I think theyre supposed to prevent fouling too.
Stewart
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Those surface dischage plugs do work, but you need a very very good ignition system for them to work properly. The breakdown voltage of air is about 3Kv/mm so if there's a 2mm gap between the central electrode and earth, the system needs to be able to generate 6Kv as a minimum (probably nearer 10Kv to be safe) which is quite a lot!
The Alfa-Romeo water-cooled flat-four from the AlfaSud/Sprint/33 had these plugs as standard, and damn expensive they were too! I remember paying over £20 for a set of 4, for a 33 engine in a kitcar once, and that was nearly 8 years ago. They can't have got cheaper!
The engine was a screamer though. 8000rpm without too much trouble!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Really back on topic now... That resistor will fool the ECU into richening the mixture rather than change the timing, hence causing a little more fuel to be injected. Works in much the same way as a pressure regualtor that puts the fuel rail pressure up. Like this the injector flows more fuel for a given pulse witdh. Nett result in both, a rich mixture and slightly less power under most conditions and a bigger petrol bill...
I used to use surface discharge plugs in my 100cc TKM Kart racing engine many years ago. It also used R40 oil - lovely smell!!!