xantia 19td suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete@co.uk
My Cars:

xantia 19td suspension

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi all just had a look at n reg xantia 19 turbo diesel and the suspension on the rear is perminatly high this is the only thing wrong with the car other than that its a nice car its in better condition than mine also newer and turbo diesel is just what i want. now what the guy who,s selling it told me was that after leaving the car for sometime the rear suspension goes right down then on restarting the car it goes stright to the top setting now im thinking its a height corrector problem eathier the plastic connector is broken or the valve itself has seized now im thinking of buying this car as its at the right price. so i can fix it advice please guys.
pete..................
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Yep, it will either be the link, or at worst the height corrector itself. New ones are under £100, plus fitting, but you should be able to knock £500 off the price (oh, you'll be getting it for free then!!).
druist

Post by druist »

^haha, i was just thinking that or they will have to pay him a 100 to take it away
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

update
well ive just had another look at this car and all is not as bad as it first seemed the suspension was down and i fiddled about with the height lever in the car the suspension came up ok then i set it on the second setting let it do its business then set it to normal then the seemed to sit level ok now im thinking its just lack of lubrication on the corrector meaning just a sticky valve what do you think guys.
pete........................