405 rear brake pressure regulating valve

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vinny180
My Cars:

405 rear brake pressure regulating valve

Post by vinny180 »

Can anyone tell me are these valves prone to needing changing and is it difficult. haynes is a bit vague. Also how can I tell which type mine has fitted. 93 405 estate 1.9td
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

If it isn't bust, don't fix it. They sometimes sieze, and can be coaxed back into life with some WD-40 on the hinge and some gentle persuasion with mole grips.
But it's the kind of thing you'd only become aware of when an MOT tester points it out.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Its an old Peugeot design, even my 504 has one, just keep the underside clean, well lubed and it shouldnt be any bother.
Chris3005

Post by Chris3005 »

My 1993 405 Estate failed it's MoT on this, one year ago. There had been a tendency for the back brakes to lock up, which I'd failed to find the cause of. Diagnosis was complicated by the suspension mountings having delaminated - not easy to spot with the weight on the wheels, even on a ramp.
vinny180
My Cars:

Post by vinny180 »

Thanks for your help. spring on mechanism was broken. The valve was fine. Back brakes now functioning correctly[:)]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chris3005</i>

My 1993 405 Estate failed it's MoT on this, one year ago. There had been a tendency for the back brakes to lock up, which I'd failed to find the cause of. Diagnosis was complicated by the suspension mountings having delaminated - not easy to spot with the weight on the wheels, even on a ramp.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">