C4 excl. 1.6e-Hdi... am I being conned?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: C4 excl. 1.6e-Hdi... am I being conned?

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

I wouldn't recommend that to be honest as simply changing the fuel filter on these is a bit of an operation, requires new seals the fuel circuit priming and bleeding! These are a lot different to earlier HDIs.

If you are going to go to all this effort, you may as well replace the filter if it hasn't recently been done. Here's the procedure on the later model of this engine just so you can see what is involved before dismantling it. Note: there is a difference between the 2 vehicles concerning the bleeding after, requiring another tool and procedure, so don't follow that guide for your vehicle as it is missing some info. Just so you can see the general procedure:

viewtopic.php?p=623909#p623909
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc