Hi all, looking for some advice before I start replacing parts unnecessarily.
2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi. Engine ECU is EDC17C60 and additive ECU is PADDGO_T1_E6.
Originally had the following additive-system faults:
P1434 96
P1435 00
FEB4 – additive circuit/leak fault
The Eolys additive reservoir has now been physically refilled. The additive pump also operates — I can hear it running/ticking when commanded through DiagBox.
However, PADDGO live data still reports:
Current quantity of additive contained in reservoir: 5%
The configured reservoir capacity is 1.18 litres.
I've tried the “Filling of the additive tank” procedure in DiagBox. I've also tried using a TOPDON diagnostic tool, including its “new additive pump” procedure. The procedures report that they've completed, but when I go back into PADDGO live data it still shows 5%.
I've also carried out the relevant DPF/additive maintenance/reset procedure through the engine ECU, but this hasn't changed the PADDGO value either.
Another interesting point: if I clear the faults/warning, it stays off. After refuelling the diesel tank, the warning comes back, which makes me think the fault is being triggered when the additive system attempts to dose following a refuel.
My DiagBox installation is offline with no PSA server access.
So I'm trying to establish whether:
1. There is another maintenance/reinitialisation procedure in DiagBox that tells PADDGO the additive reservoir/pump has been renewed and resets the calculated quantity to full, or
2. The persistent 5% is a consequence of the P1434/P1435/FEB4 problem and I should instead be looking at additive delivery pressure, pipework/connections or the additive injection valve at the fuel tank.
I'm reluctant to replace the pump/reservoir when the reservoir is full and the pump operates, without knowing whether it's actually a hardware fault or simply that PADDGO hasn't been correctly reinitialised.
If anyone knows the correct DiagBox procedure/menu path for PADDGO_T1_E6, particularly whether the additive ECU needs programming as a “new additive pump”, I'd really appreciate it.
2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
-
Polarhare
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Oct 2026, 12:40
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21153
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
- x 8121
Re: 2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
Sorry to appear ignorant but what is PADDGO? 
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
myglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28710
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5672
Re: 2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
Looks like Arduino code for Stellantis vehicles.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1938
Re: 2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
I think it's the ECU/tank for either Eolys or, possibly, Adblue.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1938
Re: 2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Polarhare
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Oct 2026, 12:40
Re: 2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
Yeah its the ecu for Eolys tank.
-
Peg508sw
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Sep 2023, 12:55
Re: 2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
Just googled this related to your fault codes: Self-Clear Conditions: The system often requires adding at least 10 litres of fuel and driving with a hot engine for 5 minutes to clear the permanent memory code once the underlying fault is fixed.
-
Peg508sw
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Sep 2023, 12:55
Re: 2018 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi – P1434 / P1435 / FEB4 Eolys issue
Currently working on similar problem as Engine picture appears on the dash board followed by DPF message: risk particle filter clogging, and SERVICE lamp is on.
There is no error code that I can provide as dont have any diagnostic tool.
After disconnecting DPF pump and plugging a 21W light bulb instead, everything is back to normal, and warnings disappear.
I found out that resistance on pump's terminals showing open circuit which means it's faulty.
Does anyone know if aftermarket reservoir has to be reprogrammed or can just replace it without notifying ECU?
There is no error code that I can provide as dont have any diagnostic tool.
After disconnecting DPF pump and plugging a 21W light bulb instead, everything is back to normal, and warnings disappear.
I found out that resistance on pump's terminals showing open circuit which means it's faulty.
Does anyone know if aftermarket reservoir has to be reprogrammed or can just replace it without notifying ECU?