C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
No worries, glad you have it back up and behaving. 
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
tpehant
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 28 Jul 2024, 21:17
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
Hello!
I have a problem with C6 3.0hdi that was bought in auction. The car does not raise at all. I checked all fuses and they are ok: maxi, G33 and F14. I also checked the relay on the pump. I bypassed the wire directly to the + through 5A fuse. When I started the motor and activated the relay through bybass, the pump started to work continuously(obviously) and the car raised to the maximum as the height was set. In Diagxox I found error C1184.
Any suggestions what to do next? Should I check and adjust vehicle height through Diagbox in Variable damping menu now that I managed to raise the car?
Thanks in advance.
Tomaž
I have a problem with C6 3.0hdi that was bought in auction. The car does not raise at all. I checked all fuses and they are ok: maxi, G33 and F14. I also checked the relay on the pump. I bypassed the wire directly to the + through 5A fuse. When I started the motor and activated the relay through bybass, the pump started to work continuously(obviously) and the car raised to the maximum as the height was set. In Diagxox I found error C1184.
Any suggestions what to do next? Should I check and adjust vehicle height through Diagbox in Variable damping menu now that I managed to raise the car?
Thanks in advance.
Tomaž
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9340
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
Is it a C5, as in the subject line, or a C6, as in the text?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
It seems to me, that the pomp is replaced with a different one, without using the original BHI.
Most likely from a 2.0 type.
Most likely from a 2.0 type.
-
tpehant
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 28 Jul 2024, 21:17
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
First of all thank you for responses. It's a C6. V6 3.0hdi. Car history is not known. Is there a way to find out if there is not the right BHI? Today I briefly looked at parameters in Diagbox (not so much familiar yet with sophisticated ha3+) and found that there is live data for left and right, front and rear something height voltages.... There are a lot of parameters to look at. Looks to me there is something wrong with the signal to tell the pump to start working. Is it possible that heights are not set properly or out of specified range or the is something wrong with wire to control relay of pump. I also think that in front the car should be like two centimetres lower in normal driving position as compared to V6 gasoline C6 that I can compare to.
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
With the diagbox you can find the cpu's the car is using, so find out witch one is for the BHI, then you have to ask a official dealer if this is the right one.
Also you can find the data from the height sensors, and if how many centimeters they are to low/height.
But if the BHI is a wrong type, you can't get the start/stop signal for the pomp, because the BHI from a 2.0 get the data from the height sensors directly and from the V6/3.0 is this done by the variable damping unit.
Also you can find the data from the height sensors, and if how many centimeters they are to low/height.
But if the BHI is a wrong type, you can't get the start/stop signal for the pomp, because the BHI from a 2.0 get the data from the height sensors directly and from the V6/3.0 is this done by the variable damping unit.
-
tpehant
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 28 Jul 2024, 21:17
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
I understand. If I find out that BHI is from the type 2.0 one, can I replace it with a spare from C5 X7 2.7hdi? This is option that I have at the moment.
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
If this one is also a V6, yes you can do this as long, that the 2.7 have also the AMVAR suspension.
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
I find the schematic of your car, and if you look at it, there's no BHI, all is done by the Variable Damping System.
-
tpehant
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 28 Jul 2024, 21:17
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
Oh. This is getting complicated for me...
I understand that there are separate electro valves on dampers on this car. And that is AMVAR. And that means because of that the CPU on the pump has to be the right one? Am I right? The C5 x7 2.7hdi as far as I know doesn't have amvar. So I should look for 3.0 gasoline C6 or 3.0 hdi C6. My own C5 x7 3.0 gasoline doesn't have amvar because there are no electrovalves on top of dampers.
But first of all I should probably check which BHI is in the car, right?
I understand that there are separate electro valves on dampers on this car. And that is AMVAR. And that means because of that the CPU on the pump has to be the right one? Am I right? The C5 x7 2.7hdi as far as I know doesn't have amvar. So I should look for 3.0 gasoline C6 or 3.0 hdi C6. My own C5 x7 3.0 gasoline doesn't have amvar because there are no electrovalves on top of dampers.
But first of all I should probably check which BHI is in the car, right?
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
Did you check fuse MF8 20A "computer activity variable damping"
You can find this one in PSF1, it's the one, where the + from the battery is connected.
You can find this one in PSF1, it's the one, where the + from the battery is connected.
-
tpehant
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 28 Jul 2024, 21:17
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
You mean the one beside 40A for the pump?
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
No, this one
-
tpehant
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 28 Jul 2024, 21:17
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
I've checked those and they are ok. Thanks for the hint.
And now the news....
After I bypassed the pump relay and tested the "front hydractive valve" or something like that through Diagbox (which made reaction only when I simultaneously ran the pump from direct + source) -the hydraulic suddenly started to work also after I connected the connector for pump relay. It's a miracle and I don't understand how .... Although it is true that when I hardwired relay I also made a 0.5bar into the lds reservoir. Looks like some sensor needed pressure or something.....
And now the news....
After I bypassed the pump relay and tested the "front hydractive valve" or something like that through Diagbox (which made reaction only when I simultaneously ran the pump from direct + source) -the hydraulic suddenly started to work also after I connected the connector for pump relay. It's a miracle and I don't understand how .... Although it is true that when I hardwired relay I also made a 0.5bar into the lds reservoir. Looks like some sensor needed pressure or something.....
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: C5 X7 'Suspension Fault'.
Good job, that the problem is solved.