Forum hanging when posting

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10963
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1458

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

Thanks for the report. I will leave it running as-is for a few more days before adjusting anything.
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10963
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1458

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

A question for anyone who gets failures when attempting to login to the forum, especially if you are being redirected to the front page:

Please report how you got to the login page, from a bookmark? or entering the url? or from a previously logged-out forum page? or a forum page that was previously logged-in, but timed out?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 12578
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 1487

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by RichardW »

I got a cloudflare time out when posting a reply to the C3 brakes thread this morning.

Edit, but this one went up OK!
Richard W
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21103
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8100

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

I've had no problems at all on PC Brave or on Android Brave since the last adjustments. :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
User avatar
Paul-R
Moderating Team
Posts: 9335
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 1942

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by Paul-R »

Just the slight to moderate delay before a page is displayed when I make a post. So far, so usual.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28685
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5673

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by myglaren »

No impediments today. A bit slow posting this though, around 30".
User avatar
Paul-R
Moderating Team
Posts: 9335
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 1942

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by Paul-R »

My posting delay isn't that long. More like 4 - 5 seconds.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28685
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5673

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by myglaren »

Another post just made was instant :)
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10963
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1458

Re: Forum hanging when posting

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

I have made another adjustment to the Cloudflare settings, which should make things better, or worse... Lets see.