Gen II 205 sump plug

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
makemine205
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 am

Gen II 205 sump plug

Unread post by makemine205 »

Hello
I just had a aluminium oil sump fitted to my XUD7 1.7 diesel it looks like an A/C car sump as it has fitments for what looks like a pump.
But i didnt have the opportunity to find out the sump drain plug diameter for a new plug seal ?. Does anyone know what diameter it might be.
The old steel sump i had on the engine took a 14mm diameter oil seal on the drain plug.
Any help appreciated
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21080
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm
x 8091

Re: Gen II 205 sump plug

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

There seems to be a fairly large range of seals for your engine so I would suggest the best way would be to measure the external diameter of the sump plug which equates to the internal diameter of the seal and go from there. I have found XUD7 seals ranging from 14mm to 22.4mm with a number of options in between, have a look at: https://www.motor-doctor.co.uk/drain-pl ... 1-7-diesel to see what I mean! Good luck :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!