Electric park brake problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
piffpaff34
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Sep 2026, 07:48

Electric park brake problem

Unread post by piffpaff34 »

Hello mates.
I'm from Germany and recently I bout a 2008 C4 Picasso manual shift. The seller informed me that the EPB doesn't work. Dashboard shows the P, "Auto P" and ESP lamp, but not ABS lamp (it's working).

I did some research but I only found posts talking about EPB problems with lighted ABS lamp.

My recent research brought up that there might be a possible fault of the clutch pedal sensor. Is that a possible explanation for this error or do I have to be afraid of a way more expensive error like EPB ECU fault?
Diagnosis (Bluetooth Dongle) shows U1219, nothing else.

Thanks in advance for your replies and effort.

Regards from Germany
Pascal
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21138
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8119

Re: Electric park brake problem

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Hi and :welc:

I don't know if this will help but a read through this website may give you some ideas: :)

https://www.engine-codes.com/u1219.html
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
piffpaff34
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Sep 2026, 07:48

Re: Electric park brake problem

Unread post by piffpaff34 »

Thanks. Not that doesn't really help because I really don't think that the C4's ECU has a HDD...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 12584
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 1487

Re: Electric park brake problem

Unread post by RichardW »

You probably need a better scan tool so you can interrogate all the ECUs. These are notorious for putting the handbrake / ESP lights on for faults that are nothing to do with the handbrake!
Richard W