Where have all the xantia posts gone?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaf

Re: Where have all the xantia posts gone?

Post by Jaf »

There are fewer around here too sadly. Parked behind this one a while ago. There's a green one still around.

IMG_20231221_153323.jpg
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
LHMfanatic

Post by LHMfanatic »

Mine, a 2000, cost a thousand quid from a local Citroen aftermarket garage. It's a turboD sx, with about 160000 miles on it. It's been around the garage for about 15 years, and I bought it because it had a slew of new parts on it, more than a thousand pounds.

However....it's back in the garage because of a diesel leak from the fuel pump, which the garage is going to fix FOC, and a leak from the LHM, which I have a suspicion is from the doseur pump. Also, in one week, the drivers' window has fallen down, and the wipers have stopped working.

What's good about it, is the engine, the ride, and the comfort generally- why does anyone want more? Bad, the foregoing, and there's more to come!

I looked at an Activa, which was all the money, but I think that the Activa was better, even at £6000.....
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)

Post by ekjdm14 »

1080 wrote: 25 May 2024, 20:13 Well... there's a Xantia 1.9D n/a engine, simple suspension, no airbags. Every single pipe union is open-ended spanner free. The gearbox shifts like new. Over twenty oil & filter changes from new in its genuine 50k miles life and only 38 k six years ago. Six oil changes since then...
The interior is very good. Needs a n/s/r wing repair and paint. The engine last ran the week before the lockdown. Dark metallic green. The engine started 2nd glow-plug cycle last week. After she started, she so very nearly went for scrap...
No corrosion on the front door hinge areas. Anybody fancy taking her on?
IT'S MINE!!!
I still plan to restore her back to new, but I have to make my unit pay and old Citroen Xantia are not the way...
Any interest and I will list it for sale. The 'hen's teeth' front height corrector to anti-roll bar is nearly new. Never been welded. Sat in an Edinburgh showroom as a display exhibit (really) for years. My renal failure and kidney stents saw me use a more practical (?) BMW E36 Touring as my daily driver, also for sale. Anybody wants to save it?
Runs/drives. You can legally tow it despite what the experts say. We towed it eight miles a few weeks ago with the BMW...
Might be gone by end of May. Serious interest and I will sell. I'm doing a Suzuki 4x4 brake pipe job on Thursday. If it makes me cross, she will go for SCRAP. Sorry Green CAR.
How did I miss this post? Definitely don't send it for scrap, that'd be a huge loss. Would take it on myself if we had the space to store until we get around to it. I assume this is a manual car & not the other (we have one of two!) NAD auto? (if it is that though, then domestic harmony be damned I'm buying it!)

There's one other Xantia I know of in our immedate area (South Manchester) & that's been sat a couple of years, owner has our number to call before the scrap man in case he needs rid of it but that's a 2.0SXi petrol with 140+k, previous welding & the lacquer is 95% gone. Ours is the only one I've seen on the road in months. She ain't pretty with severe lacquer fading to the roof/C-pillars, slowly disintegrating tailgate, dented nsf wing, missing wheel trims and N/S rubbing strips but I will (rather sadly) lay claim to it being the cleanest Xantia on South Mc'r roads currently... :|
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, 81k