Stiff suspension after spheres regassing - C5 X7

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
GolfMk1Vr6

Re: Stiff suspension after spheres regassing - C5 X7

Unread post by GolfMk1Vr6 »

Thank you for all your interest in helping me regarding this situation :) Great community here :D

For my own peace i will have to convince the guy who's doing the spheres regassing to remove the center front sphere using @Kees's method which i also prefer. Removing the entire front sub-frame it might be an expensive operation which i prefer doing in the future when i'll probably replace all the bushings.

Regarding Sport mode related to road conditions: last time i asked my mechanic to put the tester and do a drive test, the road conditions were ok and the suspension was stiff in that moment. On my mechanic's tester he checked the suspension and it stayed in the ,,Soft" mode and not in ,,Sport".
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

Keep us informed pls?
GolfMk1Vr6

Kees wrote: 15 May 2024, 22:22 Keep us informed pls?
I will for sure :)

@Kees

I assume original front center sphere with part number 5276 27 couldn't be found anymore on any parts provider. Do you know any other good replacement manufacturer for it?
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

@golfmk1:
I use sphere's from IFHS, but i can refill them, so i also experiment with other pressure in the sphere's.
Greetings,
Kees.
Attachments
20230227_153246.jpg
GolfMk1Vr6

I will probably regass the original one, my mechanic unfortunately will only remove that sphere by removing the entire front suspension frame :(
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

He's out of his mind!!
It cost you a lot of money, because of the time he need.
Instead of just trying the way i described.
Greetings,
Kees.
GolfMk1Vr6

@Kees

Your method works on C5 X7 with automatic gearbox also or just on manual?

Thanks!
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

For both types of cars where this sphere is on the left side.
Other V6 types, is the location on the right side behind the front mud protector and is more easy to replace.
A question, does your mechanic the same valve for regass the sphere as you see on my picture?
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

I check on service box citroen about the time it stands for replace the front center sphere, it's 3.7 hours.
With my procedure less than 1.5 hour.
Greetings,
Kees.
GolfMk1Vr6

Kees wrote: 22 May 2024, 11:14 For both types of cars where this sphere is on the left side.
Other V6 types, is the location on the right side behind the front mud protector and is more easy to replace.
A question, does your mechanic the same valve for regass the sphere as you see on my picture?
Hi!

Yes, it's the same valve as in your picture.

I don't know what would be better taking in consideration that it's pretty hard to reach that sphere, replacing with an aftermarket IFHS or regassing the original one :)
GolfMk1Vr6

Hi!

I have no updates regarding this issue, today i felt the car very stiff, i have checked the bushings and all of them are fine, only the bushings from the rear arm (see photo) are broken.

I will also try replacing the rear height sensor even if i have no errors, it might be a cause for the stiff suspension?

When i firstly got the hydractive pump run continuosly on the last height level. I have cleaned the rod, made the correct level via Lexia and it solved it.

Thank you!

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The rear height sensor will not affect suspension stiffness. You have something else going on for that, like an air lock, low gas / sphere or a valve issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GolfMk1Vr6

GiveMeABreak wrote: 01 Jul 2024, 19:34 The rear height sensor will not affect suspension stiffness. You have something else going on for that, like an air lock, low gas / sphere or a valve issue.
How can i check the valves? Any suggestions?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Only by using Lexia or Diagbox, as these can perform actuator tests on the suspension and give you some live data as the height levels are changed.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc