Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Xantianut

Re: Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, MyGlaren.

My battery is good, giving 13.5 volts according to Daddy's volt meter.

You've made him think.

That's an unusual situation for Papa.....

Love

Otterchops.

PS - Ottercops moor fascinated him. I think,he would have liked to be an archaeologist!!! He says thanks!!!
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

My annual meeting,with the MOT man looms. I need a driveshaft rubber and ball joint, both on the RHS. Papa has the parts, just waiting for,his chest cold to,GO!AWAY!!!!

He is a simple soul sometimes. This last week he has been enchanted with a T shaped brick, now in our garden, and in finding my wheel key that he thought he'd lost when my door pocket fell out! He has decided to,replace the locking bolts with regular ones. My key and bolts are badly worn....

Love to all

Otterchops!

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

Things Have Not Gone Well for Papa.

He started changing my CV boot only to discover that the boot he had was too small. He did fit it, only to discover that my inner CV joint had separated! He has given up for now before he throws a tantrum.

He has also worked out how to repair the inner joint and has ordered a new CV boot. The correct one this time. Hopefully I should be ready in time for my MOT.

In other news my wheel key has failed. So,Papa has fitted bolts ordinaire!!!. The sauce!!!it went :puke: :tonguebum: :borg: just as the last bolt came out so,he did not need his new bolt extractor,set.

Love to,all

Otterchops

Xxxx

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
bobins
Donor 2023

Post by bobins »

I hear ordinary wheel bolts are the new fashion - it's what all the best cars are wearing now :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

Papa has sorted my drive shaft inner joint. He was panicking over nothing! It just popped back in once he'd peeled back the rubber. After the outer shaft fell out ( :rofl2: ) he was also able to get the CV joint rubber fitted. He now thinks that the inner joint has not been right for a while because my hub went back together without too much :grr: although at times it felt like he was riveting parts on! Ouch!

Today is brake servicing but what's the betting he finds a use for his BIG hammer?

Yesterday his wheely tool box - the one I blackened with my exhaust - finally gave up the ghost. I'll just have to blacken the new one!!!

MOT looms. Wish me luck, Friends! [-o<

Love

Otterchops

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :D All best for the MoT 🤞😀
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Unka Jim!

The Final Piece arrived.today. He has changed the CV boot, drop link, bottom ball joint and track rod end in a mad Orgy of tool twirling. Yes, he has used his Big Hammer but not much. The track rod end even had the plastic crush washer on the bottom of the Nyloc nut. I've not had one,of them since I was hatched in Rennes. Was that over 20 years ago? How time flies!

At least THIS papa looks after me. No sponge scourers holding my headlamp bulbs in now!

MOT to be booked tomorrow. It expires at midnight tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Otterchops.

Xx

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Luck wished Otter :D I'm sure it'll all be good!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...