Finally got one :) - couple of minor issues to fix

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steveclv

Finally got one :) - couple of minor issues to fix

Post by steveclv »

So I have just purchased a used 2009 C5 Tourer Confort 2.0 HDi DPF which is in nice condition and drove very well. Service history, no leaks from rear suspension pipes or steering rack, no rust, suspension went up and down as expected etc. Good price (for France) too and only a couple of minor faults that hopefully someone can advise me on.
1. The orange LCD display is not working - just a vertical line down the middle. Can this be replaced with one from a breakers or is it programmed in?
2. Drivers door has lost its 'half open' stop - is this just a case of replacing a hinge?
3. The parking aid (front and rear sensors are installed) is not working at all - can it be fixed?

That's everything I picked up from the inspection/drive but there may be more as I drive it more (hope not!)

Thanks for any pointers
moizeau
Donor 2024

Re: Finally got one :) - couple of minor issues to fix

Post by moizeau »

Have you got Diagbox full chip version?
I swapped my dead screen in the 407 for one from a C4 from the breakers. It needed reprogramming to tell it would it could do / display.
The half closed door problem is the checker arm, you'll need to determine which bit is knackered probably by removing the door card.
Parking aid fault needs a diagnostic to give you a clue as to where the problem lies.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
steveclv

Post by steveclv »

Not yet - I'm going to buy one but as I live in France I need to find the right one here (thanks Brexit!)
I've got a copy of ServiceBox + SEDRE from 2011 ready but just need the Diagbox
moizeau
Donor 2024

Post by moizeau »

Where in France are you? It's a big place but there a few of us who live here or have 2nd homes.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
steveclv

Post by steveclv »

Dept 86 - Poitiers