Citroen C5 x7 leaking after being lifted

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
alex666

Citroen C5 x7 leaking after being lifted

Unread post by alex666 »

Hey guys, is it possible for front suspension strut to start leaking after car being lifted for service?

Some oil appered on left side. I did not yet had time to check. I am not sure if it is uspension as car keeps height (i would expect to drop down).

Will clean everything first to better see but any sugestions where and what to check are welcomed.

Br Alex
furriegurrie

Re: Citroen C5 x7 leaking after being lifted

Unread post by furriegurrie »

If the car hasn’t been put on the highest setting before lifting it with 4 wheels from the ground it is definitily possible something has sprung a leak.
Most common issue is the LDS tank splitting or overflowing
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

See this post:

LDS Tank Bursting Warning Labels

It may be that you have a leak form the strut. But you first need to identify where it is coming from. The car won't crash down for small leaks until the reservoir fluid runs low.

If there is a small pool forming under the steering rack pinion seal, it will be bad news as that will likely mean a new rack and the pipes are now hard to come by. If it's the suspension strut, then it means a new strut, as these are non-repairable, with the rubber bonded to the metal unlike previous models that had replaceable seals leak-back pipes on the struts. The X7 doesn't have the same system.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
alex666

Unread post by alex666 »

furriegurrie wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 13:29 If the car hasn’t been put on the highest setting before lifting it with 4 wheels from the ground it is definitily possible something has sprung a leak.
Most common issue is the LDS tank splitting or overflowing
Car has been put to highest settings. Only front was lifted of the ground. Leak is on other side of the tank.

Alex
alex666

Unread post by alex666 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 16:23 See this post:

LDS Tank Bursting Warning Labels

It may be that you have a leak form the strut. But you first need to identify where it is coming from. The car won't crash down for small leaks until the reservoir fluid runs low.

If there is a small pool forming under the steering rack pinion seal, it will be bad news as that will likely mean a new rack and the pipes are now hard to come by. If it's the suspension strut, then it means a new strut, as these are non-repairable, with the rubber bonded to the metal unlike previous models that had replaceable seals leak-back pipes on the struts. The X7 doesn't have the same system.
Will clean evrything in next days and then dig into.thanks for directions.

Alex