Citroen C5 rear suspension questions & problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Costin33

Citroen C5 rear suspension questions & problems

Unread post by Costin33 »

Hello gentlemen,
I just bought my first C5 X7, a 2.2HDI tourer and I am very pleased with it.

But there is one problem. The back seems to stay lower than it should - looking at the distance between the tire and the fender in the front vs back, the difference is 2 fingers.

I went through and did calibration described by DiagBox, measuring H1M R1 etc, but I don’t think it changed much. I see almost no diff.

I found this video:
Where the guy actually adjusts the sensor on the sway bar - The problem is, I have no such sensor - and yes, I have the H3+.

Is the sensor supposed to be there and was something badly done by another mechanic? The car was imported from France and I have no service history

Rang the local Citroen dealer but they cannot help me until 2-3 weeks.
Thanks!
Kees
Donor 2024

Re: Citroen C5 rear suspension questions & problems

Unread post by Kees »

For sure you have this sensor! Other wise you get errors, and how do you want the car adjust the high?
Costin33

I will post a picture as soon as I get near the car. The housing where the sensor should be is empty for me.
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

You know, there is also a switch in the boot on the right side?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Just be very careful about changing the position of the sensors under the vehicle - or the car can drop on you without warning! If you change these make sure the car is supported independently and secondly if you change the position here you may have worse problems. The rear always sits a little higher, and the Diagbox adjustments are only for small changes. If you have done the measurements correctly on flat ground with the tyres at the correct pressures, you should be able to check the values and use the reference values in Diagbox to check what they should be and make small corrections if needed.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

20240228_164722.jpg
I mean this one!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

But the car will return to normal position after this vehicle has been driven- and the OP would have to push the button to lower and raise the rear manually - so surely would of known he was doing this?

Marc
Costin33

GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:47 Just be very careful about changing the position of the sensors under the vehicle - or the car can drop on you without warning! If you change these make sure the car is supported independently and secondly if you change the position here you may have worse problems. The rear always sits a little higher, and the Diagbox adjustments are only for small changes. If you have done the measurements correctly on flat ground with the tyres at the correct pressures, you should be able to check the values and use the reference values in Diagbox to check what they should be and make small corrections if needed.
The problem is my car sits lower in the rear that the front, a 2 finger difference. I am On my way! To the car as we speak and I will post pictures.

Thank you for your responses 🙏🏻
Costin33

Costin33

Here is a video of whats under the car:
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

So, it seems you're right, very strange!!
I think you have to remove the plastic box, to see if the connector for the sensor is still there and ask Marc for the parts and numbers you missing.
Success,

Kees.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

I'm surprised the suspension is even working as without data from the height sensors the suspension ECU will throw a fault and you will get the warning up on the dash.

Whatever you do, don't get under the car without jacks.

Has it rusted and fallen off?

Marc
Kees
Donor 2024

Unread post by Kees »

Hi, Marc.
I think if the sensor is still there and connected, diagbox will show the error, but you get not a warning on the dashboard.
But still it's very strange, that the connecting parts are removed.
Greetings,
Kees.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

You will get a warning Kees, as I've had it loads of times. Sometimes the suspension will not lower or raise, directional headlights will not work (static mode backup only), suspension warning and max speed will sometimes appear too.

All these issues are when the data from the height corrector (s) are missing or don't make sense. The height correctors are only analogue.

So this is an entirely new one on me - unless something has been changed in Diagbox or steel spring conversion has taken place! :-D

Marc
Costin33

It still has its spheres.
I can rise, lower, adjust the height however i may like. There are no errors, even in diagbox.
I dont know if a conversion was done, since this is how i bought the car 😢.

I dont know what to do to fix this