Help with a replacement remote for Citroen C1 2018

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Lecit

Re: Help with a replacement remote for Citroen C1 2018

Unread post by Lecit »

wheeler wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 20:31 The remote is programmed manually on this car, cant be done via diagnostics.
As i said I’ve never tried using a second hand one on this car but i wouldn’t have thought it locks. I do know the Toyota H chip locks once programmed though.
myglaren wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 19:41 Can't say with respect to yours but I needed a second key for the recently deaded Civic. An Autolocksmith came to the door, programmed a Peugeot key fob and cut the manual key for £130, including the fob & key.
thanks guys, the problem is that I keep seeing contradicting answers regarding re-programming a genuine remote so I think it might not be worth it to try a genuine used one unless I get an answer from someone who actually tried with this exact situation,

So I think the best option would just be to get a new but aftermarket one.

thanks @wheeler for all the help
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by myglaren »

My answer was more about the use of a mobile autolocksmith than the programming which I expect will be completely different for a Honda than for a Citroen, and that he supplied the key and fob and cut the key, that he used a Peugeot key and fob and that the cost was so reasonable. It would have been in excess of £300 at the dealer.
I agree that programming the fob to lock/unlock is done with the key in the door lock and doesn't need a Lexia to do it, only to need a Lexia to get it to be recognised by the immobiliser.
Lecit

Unread post by Lecit »

I also don't care about the immobilizer right now to be honest but more prefer to use the genuine used remote to lock/unlock the doors only (then use the regular spare key to start the car)

But I couldn't find anywhere a concrete answer to whether the manual remote programming method (using the doors) would work for a second-hand remote that's already programmed to lock/unlock doors of another car. I've seen a few contradicting answers online