2008 C4 Picasso issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Rekray1982

2008 C4 Picasso issues

Unread post by Rekray1982 »

Hi, I've been given my dads old car which has a couple of issues that have been there for a while which i didnt know about. I don't know if I should put each issue in a seperate thread ort just in one, so i'll list what they are first for any possible help.

Issue 1. Air bag/Seat belt tensioner error message comes up after about 15 seconds from turning car on. I've read that it could be due to loose wiring under the seats. I've felt the cables and wiring and they seem rock solid with no movement in them at all. Is there anythng else I should look at.

Issue 2. My dad bought the car about a year ago and it had had a new heater installed. It seems to work I think. The blower for windscreen above the dash screen seems to be constantly on high and can't be changed. Ive tried the console part for the climate control and that does seem to work as in it kicks in other fans which can be adjusted and the temperature can be adjusted aswell. One other thing, can the climate control only be used when engine is on or should i be able to use it while only ignition is on.

Issue 3. Rear passenger electric windows. Neither side works but there is a clicking sound from each side when the front and rear buttons are pressed. From reading around this sounds to be down to possible motors in the door panels.

Sorry the the long post. If its any help it's a C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.8 Petrol.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2008 C4 Picasso issues

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

If the blower is on high speed only, then it's the blower motor control module that needs replacing (a common issue with all cars) and is rarely the actual control panels for the settings.

The Airbag wiring on Right Hand Drive cars can be routed under the front passenger floor under the carpet. This can sometimes 'wear' or become loose, so may need looking at.

If the rear windows are not working it is also likely to be a wiring problem from the driver's door aperture, due to constant opening and closing of the door weakening the wires. If one of these has broken, it may the cause of the rear windows not getting supply. So check inside the driver door wiring tube where the wiring passes from the A pillar via the protective grommet and into the driver's door.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rekray1982

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 15:52 If the blower is on high speed only, then it's the blower motor control module that needs replacing (a common issue with all cars) and is rarely the actual control panels for the settings.

The Airbag wiring on Right Hand Drive cars can be routed under the front passenger floor under the carpet. This can sometimes 'wear' or become loose, so may need looking at.

If the rear windows are not working it is also likely to be a wiring problem from the driver's door aperture, due to constant opening and closing of the door weakening the wires. If one of these has broken, it may the cause of the rear windows not getting supply. So check inside the driver door wiring tube where the wiring passes from the A pillar via the protective grommet and into the driver's door.
Hi, thanks for the info. I'll get it all looked into.

One question. The rear windows also don't work via there own buttons on the door whilst still making the clicking noise as if something is trying to work. Would it still be a drivers door control issue.

Also, by any chance do you know where to locate the actual control module on the car.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

It's unusual for both rear door motors to go at the same time so hence my suspicion of the wiring or a fuse. Check fuse F6 in the BSI (which will be in the front passenger side glove box area).

The blower motor control module should be under the dash on the driver side shown at (4):
C4 Pic blower Control Mod.png

Marc
Rekray1982

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 22:00 It's unusual for both rear door motors to go at the same time so hence my suspicion of the wiring or a fuse. Check fuse F6 in the BSI (which will be in the front passenger side glove box area).

The blower motor control module should be under the dash on the driver side shown at (4):

Thanks once again. First thing I checked is the F6 fuse, looked good on checking but replaced it anyway and still the same clicking noise when trying to open them. I have no idea if both went at same time.

Thank you for the blower motor diagram, ill get that checked at the weekend. Thank you once again.
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Unread post by PaulC5 »

You could also check if the rear windows are jammed shut by muck around them if the car has not been cleaned occasionally. You might try pushing one down whilst somebody tries a switch.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

The only other thing I can suggest is if the car has been frozen and both the windows were frozen stuck, whilst attempting to be lowered which has damaged the motors.

Marc
Rekray1982

GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 11:26 The only other thing I can suggest is if the car has been frozen and both the windows were frozen stuck, whilst attempting to be lowered which has damaged the motors.
Going to take door panels off at weekend to have a look. Is there anything to look for on the motor to see if thats the problem or is it a case of try them with panel off and most likely replace them.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Put it this way:

If the event where one of the regulator wires has snapped which commonly happens on the front windows from water ingress and the regulator wire rusting slowly - where one day when opening or closing it will snap, you can still here the motor working. So of you can't here the motors operating, they're either both shot (unlikely) or there is no power to them. I can't think what else it can be.

Marc