The August Adventure

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Re: The August Adventure

Post by mickthemaverick »

I had confirmation that we can go and see the 309 (and others of course) at WB on the Wednesday morning after the beach run and breakfast at The Drift Cafe. Will anybody be joining us for that? :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Is this the South Coast Saunter (or whatever you are calling it)?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

Why is it always on a Wednesday?
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 20:30 Is this the South Coast Saunter (or whatever you are calling it)?
No, that one happens in October James... Be great to see you as we'll be passing close to your parish :)
Rp0thejester wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 21:44 Why is it always on a Wednesday?
Blame it on my Ryan... I always have things going on at weekends that are pretty much immovable so any adventures have to work around that. Sorry...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

mickthemaverick wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 20:25 I had confirmation that we can go and see the 309 (and others of course) at WB on the Wednesday morning after the beach run and breakfast at The Drift Cafe. Will anybody be joining us for that? :)
The drift doesn't open its doors until 9.00 Mick which you probably knew. No need to make any special arrangements with WB and Sons for me, I'll decide on the day all being well. There are many ways to avoid any congestion on what is known as the Moor Farm Roundabout on the A19/A189 Junction and associated roadworks. If I was guiding a tour up through SE Northumberland to Cresswell I would probably probably head down to Tynemouth, through Cullercoats and Whitley bay along to Seaton Sluice and turn up at south beach Blyth and join the A19 north of Cramlington and head up past Ashington to Ellington and down to Cresswell.

Added advantage you see a bit of nice coastline for a good bit of the journey on the way rather than the side of the A1 or A19, and its probably just as quick.
Screenshot
Screenshot
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'll be happy to see loads of coastline... I've not seen any at all for years now... I feel the need :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

With that route to Cresswell and the route for the South Coast Saunter in October I'm sure you'll be well coasted by Christmas Jim!! :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 13:09 With that route to Cresswell and the route for the South Coast Saunter in October I'm sure you'll be well coasted by Christmas Jim!! :-D
Magic :D
Jim

Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

CitroJim wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 05:33
Hell Razor5543 wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 20:30 Is this the South Coast Saunter (or whatever you are calling it)?
No, that one happens in October James... Be great to see you as we'll be passing close to your parish :)
Rp0thejester wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 21:44 Why is it always on a Wednesday?
Blame it on my Ryan... I always have things going on at weekends that are pretty much immovable so any adventures have to work around that. Sorry...
I was wondering if it was a reduced price thing on a Wednesday, like a cheap chippy Thursdays for OAPs
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I have just completed the route planning for the August Adventure which starts in 2 days time and I can confirm that we will be among the first customers at The Drift Cafe for breakfast on Wednesday, then on to WB & Sons for viewing and then grab a light lunch on the way for our repeat visit to Beamish. The afternoon will be at Beamish and then back to The Worm for dinner, maybe via a railway visit. Join in wherever you fancy!! :-D
NewcastleFalcon

If you are taking the Tyne Tunnel route, 10 minutes quick stop and you could have a look at the Tyne Pedestrian Tunnel literally just round the corner as you emerge from the vehicle tunnel.

All being well I aim to join you at the Drift.at door opening : :-D

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I must have a walk through that one day Neil, and take the ferry back.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Yes I have plotted the route up as you suggested Neil and returning down to WB slightly inland just to be different!! :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Really looking forward to this one, especially now my house clearance work is complete :) I can relax, safe in the knowledge it's done and I can properly enjoy myself :D Would love to take a walk through the Tyne Tunnel... I thought it was an underground station at first ;)

Looking forward to seeing everybody... I'll have something special for you Neil ;)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 18:15 Really looking forward to this one, especially now my house clearance work is complete :) I can relax, safe in the knowledge it's done and I can properly enjoy myself :D Would love to take a walk through the Tyne Tunnel... I thought it was an underground station at first ;)

Looking forward to seeing everybody... I'll have something special for you Neil ;)
Nothing too extravagant and not more valuable than a named-brick I hope Jim :-D

For a quick visit, immediately on emerging into the light from the tunnel heading North, keep well to the right, and get in the lane on the right-hand side for the A187 North Shields/Wallsend. All other lanes funnel you north up the A19. You see something like this. The entrance to the Tyne Pedestrian and Cycle Tunnel is behind the Tyne Tunnel admin building you can see, but you have to double back behind it round the roundabout following the A187 towards Wallsend.

Click to enlarge
Falcon Screenshot Montage
Falcon Screenshot Montage
I would say the pedestrian and cycle tunnel was worth a visit, you could run through it emerge at the Jarrow side and run back in 10 mins while snapping a photo at the mid point. Lifts at either end but some nice aerobic exercise up what used to be the longest wooden escalators at each end, (now permanently out of action) for the superfit :-D

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey