Diagbox 9.129 felkod B1003-00 on 508 SW1 bluehdi 1,6l

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Marian

Diagbox 9.129 felkod B1003-00 on 508 SW1 bluehdi 1,6l

Post by Marian »

Hi,
I got a replacement fuse box BSM with relais-set built in by my independent workshop in the end of `22.

Job has fixed missing action of the washer pump for windows, although different from before, as the front switch now serves front and back wiper at the same time, with halv pressure obviously. :)
Did not use AC all winter after this job and established now that neither AC or low-speed fan are working at the moment. Tried to run an actuator test with diagbox 9.129 and started to wonder if installation of the (used) fuse box can have gone wrong. VIN-nr är VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

New fusebox is Delphi BSM-Z06-01.
BSM 2010 is found, but telecoded som "missing".
Same seems to apply for drivers door and Voltage stabilisator.

Besides is noted "communication failure" for unit "additional heating" (water).
But no active errors are stored in diagnosis section.

I am attaching some pics of the diagnosis session and with the result of test action of compressor clutch, I suppose. Sorry that messages are displayed in Swedish, next time I´ll choose english language.

After studying various posts on this and other forums and doing some multimeter readings I have now ordered an exchange resistor for the cooling fan, as it might be broken anyway.

Highly appreciate the knowledge spread in the forum and
would be very glad to get some advice on the diagbox findings and errors B1003-00 anyway!
/Marian
Attachments
20230630_090906.jpg
20230701_004253.jpg
20230701_000111.jpg
Marian

Re: Diagbox 9.129 felkod B1003-00 on 508 SW1 bluehdi 1,6l

Post by Marian »

....and AC compressor result:
Attachments
20230701_010347 (1).jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Do you understand that on some PSA vehicles (unlike most models), this 508 and some other models requires the engine fusebox to be configured for the correct operation of systems on the vehicle?

Failure to do this means you will get incorrect operation or erratic behaviour. It's like the BSI, but not as comprehensive. However, whether your version of Diagbox will allow offline telecoding, I can't say. Usually on later vehicles that Need Diagbox V9.** it will require access to PSA servers in order to complete the telecoding operation of most systems.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Marian

Post by Marian »

Hi, thanks for reply!
I did not understand that for sure by the time that I left the car to the garage.

Now I have some more understanding but unfortunately not enough to help myself, left alone that version 9.129 does not seem to support telecoding.
Still the only errors that are consistently noticeable are failure of the AC compressor clutch and the slow speed fan.
From that point of view I have the impression that the configuration of the fusebox is at least copied from the previous unit.

I borrowed the diagnosis equipment from a tool-sharing site, in the first place for to understand if there are actually parts of the car that are excluded from the cars communication by wrong coding or configuration. That because I would certainly like to know if the job of the garage turned out to be useless in the end.

Next I would clearly need some advice about how to restore a fully functioning setup.
If I get you right you are suggesting (from the results of the diagbox) that the fusebox probably has to be coded from scratch/ replaced with a new part and configured step by step by using access to a PSA server. Meaning that I would need to book the Peugeot doctor for lets say at least a day?

Greetings,
/Marian
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok several things to bear in mind:

1) If you have the configuration settings from your original fusebox, (you could see what they are set to using Diagbox), write them down, then you could find somebody to code them in assuming they have suitable diagnostic tools and access.
2) Failing that a dealer would be able to do this for you. They generally charge £120 (UK Inc. 20% VAT) for up to one hour diagnostic time.
3) With regard to point 2) above, you may find a dealer reluctant to do this on a second hand / used Fusebox, as they may not want to take responsibility for any consequential damage. So they generally will only code a brand new fusebox.

Marc
Marian

Post by Marian »

Hi, thanks, still need to make sure that I get that right:

I do not have the original/former BSM-unit anymore, is any configuration data stored in that unit?

I used Diagbox to read the present BSI2010 in the car and tried to collect all the data available.

I noticed again that some of the car´s ECUs are telecoded som "missing", although they are physically present.
One was the radio that I changed to "present" manually and updated - now I got a red flashing LED on the lock switch that is pretending to be an alarm when I lock my car.

Another one is a voltage/currency stabilizer, is that truly a unit that possibly is not included in the original configuration of the car?
Even the monitor (touchscreen) is coded as "missing" although it is quite obvious that it is there.
As for the radio and the touchscreen they have always been working w/out any problem.

What is your suggestion in the light of the above - to get a brandnew BSM and have it configured of the PSA dealer?

I managed to transfer pdf filer from the VM, so I am glad to share whatever can be helpful information.

Thanks,
/Marian
Marian

Post by Marian »

PS:
here comes pics of the list.
"saknas" means missing.
Attachments
car ECUs list 3.jpg
car ECUs list 2.jpg
car ECUs list 1.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

First have a read of this warning:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60600&p=581866#p581866

Do NOT change anything you don't know about as they have different meanings and are not what you think they are! I.e. Radio does not mean you don't have a radio, it means you don't have the basic system. Change it back immediately as you will soon get lost and will have major problems.

Please don't change anything you think is 'missing' it is probably meant to be set for the equipment you have. There is no 'undo' and if you forget what you have done you can seriously affect the vehicle and it may not even start. A few members did similar things and spent the next few days trying to get everything back after their dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. They did the same things you might be doing.

AS for the Engine Fuse Box: Settings are configured within the ECU of the BSM and some settings may also be updated to the BSI, so important to check that the configuration of any used BSM is checked against the exact equipment you have (within the context of understanding PSA terminology and meaning), not what you read and think it should be. :wink:

It also may help if you set Diagbox to English for the purposes of these screenshots, as I don't have the time to translate every single setting, which I need to do to check those options. It's easy to do - see here: this video is bad quality but does the job:

Marc
Marian

Post by Marian »

Thanks, too bad that the PSA language is so hard to understand for what it means. But I´ll be perfectly able to switch to english now!

In which chapter can I read the configuration of the BSM exactly?
/Marian
Marian

Post by Marian »

...or lets put the question like this: Do I have access to manual configuration of the BSM with Diagbox 9.129?
Read in other threads about limitations of the version, as in
<Replace BSM, C5 2.0 -06>:
"Make sure you Use Diagbox Version 7 and upgrade it to V7.58, no further, to start with. I can't help you with V9.** as that has little to no manual telecoding without PSA server access."
/Marian
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If I understand you correctly, you would appear to have already changed some settings - i.e. the Radio?

So I can't determine what you can and can't change from here obviously, but normally you wouldn't be able to telecode ECUs with this version without online access.

If you have the new / used fusebox, you may be able to try going into the Repair menu and look there for an option for replacing the BSM. If you can find the option and select it, it may have an option for replacement, then see if it allows you to change any parameters (remembering to remember what you are doing so you can reverse it later.

Marc
cit-rotti
Donor 2024

Post by cit-rotti »

In principle, all vehicles can be telecoded offline until approx. 2015/16 - the software version is unimportant - with any 9.xxx software there are no restrictions until 2015.
With the DB, no more code was needed to telecode.
For vehicles that have to be diagnosed via LEXIA/PLANET, the code 03114 was required.
Some telecoding is also free for vehicles after 2015/16.
However, most of them require a code, which can only be obtained via the chargeable service hotline.
Greetings Wolfgang
Marian

Post by Marian »

cit-rotti wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 18:48 In principle, all vehicles can be telecoded offline until approx. 2015/16 - the software version is unimportant - with any 9.xxx software there are no restrictions until 2015.
With the DB, no more code was needed to telecode.
For vehicles that have to be diagnosed via LEXIA/PLANET, the code 03114 was required.
Some telecoding is also free for vehicles after 2015/16.
However, most of them require a code, which can only be obtained via the chargeable service hotline.
Greetings Wolfgang
Hi,
I experience that I can manage som telecoding/configuration of the BSI.

It is correct that I set the radio unit as "present" in the BSI, although that might be not recommended and a misinterpretation of the unit "car radio".
Registration of a replacement BSM I did not find as an option.
When I switch to the english setup, as Marc suggested for ease of sharing, I have not only different language, but also different options.

Configuring parameters for the car main ECU, which is EDC 17C60 turned out to be restricted to established internet access.
In this menu I have error codes with a FanControl unit that I have replaced and that is now read as "not activated".

Does this in return mean that it is not possible to exchange the Fancontrol unit (resistor on the Fan housing) and register it properly with my Diagbox, so that I have to go to the dealer for that job?

Thanks a lot again
/Marian
Attachments
000000.PHE.20230707-011105.jpeg
Marian

Post by Marian »

000000.PHE.20230707-004449.jpeg
forgot this one with error code P0493 62
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

P0493 - Fan: Twin speed: Incoherence between the reference value (no control) and the status of the fan assembly.

Edit - just realised you said you replaced this already. As far as I'm aware there's no coding for the fan unit that I can see. Are you sure you replaced with the exact correct part for the vehicle?

Marc