306 Intercooler Help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cozziepj

306 Intercooler Help

Post by cozziepj »

Hi has anyone fitted a xsara/xantia front mount intercooler to there 306 or zx? if so how did you do it? i managed to connect it up for a little while but wast sure how to mount it and what fans to use, also had to use the smaller thicker radiator out of the citroen.
Has anyone any advice cause when i had it fitted it i had the boost at 23psi and it pulled 10 times better than the normal intercooler
cheers
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

If you remove the standard fans and cowling, you should be able to fit it in their place. Replace the standard fans with the slimmest ones you can find, so it all fits in!
cozziepj

Post by cozziepj »

do you know if u can get some sort of cutom pipe gonig from the turbo round to the gearbox then to the intercooler as when i had the one that came with the intercooler fitted it rubbed on the brake servo causing all my foot pedals to vibrate![:0]
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

How about Xantia TD Pipework and manifold? It's slim and really hugs the back of the engine...
cozziepj

Post by cozziepj »

that was the bits i was using the right angle bit of pipe that comes off the turbo was squashed between the brake servo and the inlet manifold. looks like it would be easier to get a new pipe running towards the gearbox then turn at a right angle towards the intercooler, but dunno where to get something like this from
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

For that, you would have to have a custom made job. Its not too expensive if you know where to go. You dont even have to use stainless steel if you are not worried about looks, cheaper materials will do fine as long as they are up to the pressure.