No reverse

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul H 69
My Cars: 2012 DS5 hybrid

No reverse

Post by Paul H 69 »

comeing home today i had a engine fault warning so after my tea i went to have a look. no codes came up on my OBC reader thing. then i started it.it said engine faul stop and wont engage reverse to get off my drive. i rolled back a bit and it whent forward ok but wont go backwards. please help. VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: No reverse

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your issue is going to be that a generic fault code reader won't read the more advanced constructor codes. You have a piloted manual gearbox and these are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot, having a large number of fault codes. You really aren't going to make progress on this unless you get it properly diagnosed with Diagbox. I can almost guarantee there will be faults logged, so you need to be able to provide those in order for some idea of the issue.

Have a look at our list of members who have offered Lexia / Peugeot Planet / Diagbox Diagnostics help if you haven't already seen it - link below:

At the end of the list is a link to a Google Map, showing the geographic locations of members and details. Just use the Private Message or Email links on the member's profile to contact anyone suitable.

List of Lexia / Diagbox Owners with Kits Offering Help

Bear in mind, although we update the list as often as we can, not all members are active on the Forum all the time, so it may take a while for a reply.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul H 69
My Cars: 2012 DS5 hybrid

Re: No reverse

Post by Paul H 69 »

Thanks for the quick reply Marc. will cheack that out.