Peugeot boxer 2.2 hdi black smoke

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FeLiXXX
My Cars: Peugeot boxer 2.2 hdi

Peugeot boxer 2.2 hdi black smoke

Post by FeLiXXX »

Hi to all

I have peugeot boxer 2.2 hdi 2007 diy camper van. Weight of van is around 3000kg. Total driven 160.000km.
I have problems with black smoke out of exhaust.
When I prees throttle to midle or more it start to smoke. Smoke is black. Above 1800rpm it produces more smoke then at lowr rpm. If I'm gently with throttle there is no smoke at all. My consumption is around 9l per 100km. It only smoke when accelerating more progressive.
Exspesaliy I get a lot of smoke on highway when I have to accelerate more quickly.
I already check injectors, change fuel and air filter, clean air flow sensor, replace exhaust, clean egr valve and collectors, replace glow plugs, new battery, oil and oil filter changed.

Obd2 scanner doesn't show any errors. Engine is running well on idle, van starts even when is cold without any problems on first try. I gues there is no power lost. When van starts there is no smoke. If I press throttle when the van is parked over 1800rpm I get a lot of smoke to.
I can see that if van is cold the amount of smoke is lower.
Where to start? What could be the problem?
IsabellaSmith60
My Cars: Citroen C4

Re: Peugeot boxer 2.2 hdi black smoke

Post by IsabellaSmith60 »

I knew the correction in percent (I am taught in mg/ piston stroke) this 1 pot is flying in the rod and you would have to remove the injection and to the washer. Unplug the vacuum from the upper throttle valve, plug a hose, a screw with anything that is tight and drive the pub firing every 500/600 km. Turbo always gets up later, that's the charm of all turbo inertia, but after a while the pressures are equal, it's cool. If there is no overcharging it's ok, geometry is working fine.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

FeLiXXX wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 05:45 Hi to all

I have peugeot boxer 2.2 hdi 2007 diy camper van. Weight of van is around 3000kg. Total driven 160.000km.
I have problems with black smoke out of exhaust.
When did this problem start? Was it sudden or gradual? Was other work done on the engine?
FeLiXXX

Post by FeLiXXX »

IsabellaSmith60 wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 06:15 I knew the correction in percent (I am taught in mg/ piston stroke) this 1 pot is flying in the rod and you would have to remove the injection and to the washer. Unplug the vacuum from the upper throttle valve, plug a hose, a screw with anything that is tight and drive the pub firing every 500/600 km. Turbo always gets up later, that's the charm of all turbo inertia, but after a while the pressures are equal, it's cool. If there is no overcharging it's ok, geometry is working fine.
Tnx for help but can you please be more specific what I have to do? I really dont understand.

I have van for a year now and smoke is there from day one. I don't know if previous owner do anything on engine. But I have oil leak on gasket behind alternator, mechanic did repair and oil leak is stoped. I replaced clutch last year too.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Your van probably has the Ford 2.2 engine, not the Citroen engine.

See viewtopic.php?t=54276
and
viewtopic.php?t=51981
for some ideas.
FeLiXXX

Post by FeLiXXX »

Problem solved :)
Someone suggested me to go to highway and drive few kilometers on high rpm.
I did that...15km 4th gear 3500rpm....no more black smoke.
He tell that sometimes you have to do that. Dpf temperature rises and burn out carb and clean it out.
Tnx for helping
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

That is commonly known as an "Italian Tune Up". Make sure to do that before you get her MoT'ed, as it will warm the engine up and clean out the exhaust system.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!