camshaft belt replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

exasperated
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 3 litre

camshaft belt replacement

Post by exasperated »

Greetings from S. Africa,
I have not communicated with the Forum for some time. I have been busy with my Lancia Appia 3. What A mess this car was in. It had been rear-ended and the repairs poorly done which allowed rust to gain a hold. On top of all this the rear end was pushed in so that the distance between the rear spring perches was out by 40mm. This over and above a car that was, at the end of its life, run into the ground. But that is all now water under the bridge.

My Citroen 2008 2nd generation 3 litre needs a new cambelt. I would like to do this myself and at present am searching for a Workshop Manual that will cover this operation. My car's Engine number is: 10FJ3Y0185936. Those manuals I have viewed to date do not cover this particular engine.
In the back of my head I have the notion that the 1st generation V6 was an adaptation of a Ford engine and it was only with the 2ng generation that a Citroen V6 engine was fitted. This may even be an urban legend.
So my question is what are the pit falls for doing this operation by oneself? I imagine that some sort of tool is necessary to pre-tension the new belt. As with the Appia I have become adept at making tools for a particular job, so this aspect does not concern me overmuch.
If anyone has advice to share it will be much appreciated.
Kind Regards.
Doo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2000 Range Rover V8 4.0
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2
2007 Citroen C4 1.6hdi SX
2012 Berlingo Multispace e-hdi XTR (nice drive :-)
2016 Suzuki Burgman AN650 Executive
I miss my Renault 5 Gordini Turbo....

Re: camshaft belt replacement

Post by Doo »

exasperated wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 12:39 Greetings from S. Africa,
I have not communicated with the Forum for some time. I have been busy with my Lancia Appia 3. What A mess this car was in. It had been rear-ended and the repairs poorly done which allowed rust to gain a hold. On top of all this the rear end was pushed in so that the distance between the rear spring perches was out by 40mm. This over and above a car that was, at the end of its life, run into the ground. But that is all now water under the bridge.

My Citroen 2008 2nd generation 3 litre needs a new cambelt. I would like to do this myself and at present am searching for a Workshop Manual that will cover this operation. My car's Engine number is: 10FJ3Y0185936. Those manuals I have viewed to date do not cover this particular engine.
In the back of my head I have the notion that the 1st generation V6 was an adaptation of a Ford engine and it was only with the 2ng generation that a Citroen V6 engine was fitted. This may even be an urban legend.
So my question is what are the pit falls for doing this operation by oneself? I imagine that some sort of tool is necessary to pre-tension the new belt. As with the Appia I have become adept at making tools for a particular job, so this aspect does not concern me overmuch.
If anyone has advice to share it will be much appreciated.
Kind Regards.
Hi there, I found this on this very forum. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Doo
viewtopic.php?t=64164
Has anyone seen the plot? :?