Android Auto option 'missing' from C3 2017 Wave 2.1 NAC

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Android Auto option 'missing' from C3 2017 Wave 2.1 NAC

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm pleased to hear that and it sort of goes along with what I was saying - These features are available without configuration - or the dealerships would be full of thousands of customers wasting their time asking for the same thing - which makes no sense for standard features. I can't think what the issue is apart from the cable, the Android Auto App on the smartphone, the smartphone or software version itself. :-k

It was only the earlier SMEG units that had to be activated by the dealer for some of these functions on some models and with a later software udpate - but they haven't made those for years, seeing as the RCC and NAC units replaced them.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wombat
My Cars: C4 Cactus 2015
C3 2017

Post by wombat »

OK, just to close the loop on this, in case someone in the future have the same problem.

I went the Citroen dealer and they allegedly 'reinstalled' the software on the unit (I suppose the process is more invovled / aggressive than just usual upgrade from USB stick - but what was done here exactly is hard to say).
Afterwards, Android Auto appeared on my NAC - all works great now.

I suspect that my NAC was the very first version of Wave 2.1 (from 2016) and they did not have AA at the release (which would explain why the feature is not mentioned in the paper manual I got with the car at all - while CarPlay / Mirrorlink is). Subsequent upgrade via USB (to a release containing AA) would not enable AA - because, to be honest, traditional carmakers will never give you any new features in the updates, especially for 'free' (and there is a problem of rewrting manuals, support for these, confusing the users with new icons and options, etc).

Likely a more invovled reinstall (done by the dealer) would wipe / revert to factory default 'features flags' or so in the software and activate standard functionalities for the given NAC version, including AA (It also enabled 'Connected Apps' feature for me, but this one seems to be pretty much useles). Or something like this - but I think this theory sounds more less plausble ;)

Thank you @GiveMeABreak for all the input and help here!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries and thanks for the update.

I suspect they have connected to their servers and if it was a very early Wave 1 or 2 system, may have had to of been activated. All these services are enabled by default now, but I'm glad I'm glad you have it sorted and can start using it to its potential. :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc