2008 C5 X7 Seat memory not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrmolotow
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 X7 2.2 HDI

2008 C5 X7 Seat memory not working

Post by mrmolotow »

Hi all!! I have a 2008 C5 X7, which I bought two years ago and the driver's seat memory has never worked.

The electric adjustment of the seat and the function that brings the seat closer when you put the ignition on work perfectly. But the memory buttons don't do anything, they don't light up (I think the bulb is burned out), and there's no sound when you press them.

I suspect the door may have been swapped and some wire or connector is missing, but I can't find a wiring diagram for the door to check. I have Diagbox but no related error appears

If you could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2008 C5 X7 Seat memory not working

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The buttons don’t make a sound when you press them. The only time they make a noise is whilst programming the positions.

Sit in the seat with engine running, make adjustments to the driver’s seat as required, then press the M button once, let go, then press and hold either button 1 or button 2 until you hear the ‘bong’ noise. The current adjustments are now programmed including the exterior mirrors and the climate control settings.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mrmolotow

Post by mrmolotow »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 21:47 The buttons don’t make a sound when you press them. The only time they make a noise is whilst programming the positions.

Sit in the seat with engine running, make adjustments to the driver’s seat as required, then press the M button once, let go, then press and hold either button 1 or button 2 until you hear the ‘bong’ noise. The current adjustments are now programmed including the exterior mirrors and the climate control settings.
Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.
I have followed your steps several times but nothing happens. It does not make the sound when memorizing, and it does not change the position of the seat or the climate control.
I have removed the buttons to see the connector and it only has 3 cables, I don't know if it is ok :roll:
IMG_20220528_131704bbbb.jpg
Last edited by mrmolotow on 07 Jun 2022, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately your image link is dead or private. No need to link to a third party image site - upload your image directly to the forum:
  • Press the 'Full Editor & Preview' button below to compose your post if you want to upload pictures.
  • Then select the ATTACHMENTS tab at the bottom
  • The press the ADD FILES button and browse to the location of your images (phone or PC)
  • Select all the files you want
  • They will upload to the Forum below
  • The place the cursor in your post (you may need to make a few carriage returns / line spaces) and then press the PLACE button to place the images at the specified location.
Repeat the placing for each image and then you can preview or submit your post as normal.

It may a faulty door control module or the wiring that passes from the door through to the bulkhead. The wires can weaken over time with the opening and closing of the doors at the door aperture. You can remove the wire protector sheathing and check for breaks in the wiring.

Marc
mrmolotow

Post by mrmolotow »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 00:00 Unfortunately your image link is dead or private. No need to link to a third party image site - upload your image directly to the forum:
  • Press the 'Full Editor & Preview' button below to compose your post if you want to upload pictures.
  • Then select the ATTACHMENTS tab at the bottom
  • The press the ADD FILES button and browse to the location of your images (phone or PC)
  • Select all the files you want
  • They will upload to the Forum below
  • The place the cursor in your post (you may need to make a few carriage returns / line spaces) and then press the PLACE button to place the images at the specified location.
Repeat the placing for each image and then you can preview or submit your post as normal.

It may a faulty door control module or the wiring that passes from the door through to the bulkhead. The wires can weaken over time with the opening and closing of the doors at the door aperture. You can remove the wire protector sheathing and check for breaks in the wiring.
Fixed image, sorry!

Tomorrow I'll check the wires that run to the door. Do you know if there is a memory module inside the door? I've read something similar but I don't know if it's on the driver's or passenger's door.
Thanks again for your help, let's see if we can find the problem! :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The seat position memory control pad fits onto the door trim finisher (with the memory buttons) and then goes to the driver's door control pad (that operates the electric windows and mirrors).

Pop your VIN up for me and I will put the diagram up for you.

Marc
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Post by Sloppysod »

As a bit more info, the system, on my car anyway, is not that reliable, I think it's due to "dirty" buttons, try giving them a little wiggle when pressing, may help🤞
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi