DS5 radio intermittently crashing (sometimes)

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

CountCandor
My Cars: Owned a C5 now a DS5

DS5 radio intermittently crashing (sometimes)

Post by CountCandor »

Hi all, I have 2015 DS5 1955 edition, 2.0 diesel, about 82k miles on the clock, lovely car but recently the radio/head unit has started crashing randomly. Sometimes I can make a journey and it's fine, no issues, but other times (more often then not) it crashes. Thought it may have been a battery issue, which needed changing (so did that) but still, not sorted the crashing radio.

Kinda annoying this as il be driving along then screen goes off, music stops, logo comes on after a second and it reboots then maybe 5 mins later, happens again. Issue is worse if I connect the Bluetooth to (any) phone, seems to make it crash quicker.

Issue makes the Bluetooth, satnav, radio, infotainment system pretty useless as well as the reversing cameras (if I'm reversing).

Rang DS to see about having it looked at, they charge £89 for the pleasure of hooking up to a diagnostic with no real option even if it brings up something, as in, they've never really heard about it happening before so have no clue on if it will cost £10 or £1000 to sort.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Love the car so want to get this niggle sorted!
haksri
My Cars: polo trendline

Re: DS5 radio intermittently crashing (sometimes)

Post by haksri »

I think there has been past about this, however my screen (sat Nav, radio and so forth) has begun totally freezing up on Beginning up, with a dark screen. In the event that I, at that point stop for some time it will restart. This is possibly a genuine issue as I will before long have to depend on the sat nav two or three long excursions. Additionally, it is often freezing up when playing from my USB stick.

Anyone had this issue and got a fix?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There can be multiple reasons gentlemen - but nothing can be certain without a diagnostic. Generally, the most common failures of the RT6 are the SD internal cards or the chips.

I'm moving this thread to the RT6 Telematics section, where there have been similar posts:

viewforum.php?f=50
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
haksri
My Cars: polo trendline

Post by haksri »

Hi all I have begun encountering a somewhat odd issue with my 2006 307cc. It has a sat nav/Album/radio framework, and reasonably as of late it has begun restarting itself either aimlessly or when any catch is squeezed. For instance, I can be driving along tuning in to the radio and it will haphazardly reboot, requiring 10-20 seconds to return. Or then again situation two, I'm driving along and choose to tune in to my telephone utilizing AUX rather than the radio, and on squeezing 'Source' the entire framework reboots, it's additionally happened when squeezing 'Dim' on a night prior as well. However, except if it needs to reboot itself on the off chance that I don't squeeze anything it will turn out great. It's a new issue, perhaps 2 a month old. It's difficult to advise truth be told.
Nox Vidmate VLC
bigeasy
New User
My Cars: DS5 1955 Edition

Post by bigeasy »

CountCandor wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 21:44 Hi all, I have 2015 DS5 1955 edition, 2.0 diesel, about 82k miles on the clock, lovely car but recently the radio/head unit has started crashing randomly. Sometimes I can make a journey and it's fine, no issues, but other times (more often then not) it crashes. Thought it may have been a battery issue, which needed changing (so did that) but still, not sorted the crashing radio.

Kinda annoying this as il be driving along then screen goes off, music stops, logo comes on after a second and it reboots then maybe 5 mins later, happens again. Issue is worse if I connect the Bluetooth to (any) phone, seems to make it crash quicker.

Issue makes the Bluetooth, satnav, radio, infotainment system pretty useless as well as the reversing cameras (if I'm reversing).

Rang DS to see about having it looked at, they charge £89 for the pleasure of hooking up to a diagnostic with no real option even if it brings up something, as in, they've never really heard about it happening before so have no clue on if it will cost £10 or £1000 to sort.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Love the car so want to get this niggle sorted!
Hi CC,
I have the same model as you and just recently appear to have the same problem as you describe, hence the reason I am looking online for any info. Unfortunately I've not come up with any solutions yet but will look further before taking the car to my regular repairer for diagnostic. I feel the same as you do, love the car but the problem is definitely a frustration.
CountCandor

Post by CountCandor »

I haven't got a resolution yet... Going to chuck it at DS soon, see what the bill will be...
Olwenceny
My Cars: Citroën DS3/DS 3

Post by Olwenceny »

Your article is great, I am also facing a few problems like that I still don't have a solution. Who can help me
CountCandor

Post by CountCandor »

Hi there, so update on my side is this.

Had a service on the car at DS including a diagnostic. It highlighted the need for a firmware update which you pay for, £100 or something, It was a little while back so probably a bit less, and I forgot to update this thread because I'm thick.

Anyhoo, update at DS fixed the radio crashing problem! Bonza.

Bit pants that they charge you for updates mind.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The firmware only costs a few £s from Citroen or Peugeot or DS, but they have charged you labour time to do it.

The update takes about 45 minutes, but they may have had to reconfigure the unit afterwards via their servers, hence the relative high cost.

Marc
Declanholmes96
My Cars: Citroen ds5

Post by Declanholmes96 »

Hi everyone, ive got a 2013 Citroen ds5 and bought it February 2021 with a dodgy radio, when I mean dodgy I mean that the screen is black and has a few faded lines going horizontal but the radio worked, however it all stopped working about 4 month ago so I’ve had no radio no nothing for that long as I thought it would be an easy fix, I’ve tried looking at YouTube videos but no help whatsoever, has anyone found the problem to this? I’ve currently got everything my centre of my car in bits just to get the rt6 unit out as people was saying it could be the as card but I’m not sure
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's not easy to answer to be honest as we don't know what the problem is.

I suggest you have a read of this thread that discusses backing up the user data and replacing the MicroSD card. At this stage you may have nothing to lose except the price of the card.

viewtopic.php?t=63227

Marc
Declanholmes96

Post by Declanholmes96 »

Thanks marc, yeah that’s what I’m going to do, but a new card in the morning and try that, I’ve got a usb with the new firmware update on but will try it once I get a new card. I’m just confused as to why it was working without the screen when I bought the car tow everything just doesn’t work.
Declanholmes96

Post by Declanholmes96 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 19:16 That's not easy to answer to be honest as we don't know what the problem is.

I suggest you have a read of this thread that discusses backing up the user data and replacing the MicroSD card. At this stage you may have nothing to lose except the price of the card.

viewtopic.php?t=63227

Just a quick one, can I get a Peugeot screen for my ds5 and if so what model peugeot
Declanholmes96

Post by Declanholmes96 »

This is what I get when car is turned on, just hoping that a new Sd card and a new firmware update does the trick
Attachments
65A5CDAA-2A08-49B7-801C-EB3DCA0A11EC.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You may have a bigger problem going on here though - it may be the screen or the graphics chip in the head unit. So no guarantees. If you can't see what is going on when installing the firmware that is not going to help you very much, nor answering the questions when using Mira scripts to back up your user data files.

Are there any functions that show the screen to be working properly, like the reversing camera, navigation or system menu?

Marc