C4 Picasso "possible" upgrades?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

larjandukic
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 2017

C4 Picasso "possible" upgrades?

Post by larjandukic »

Hello, newbie here and what does newbie do? Ask stupid questions. That’s right. So I am here to play my part.

Anyway, long shot here but I’m glad I found a forum for my new car even if dont get what I need from this topic. I recently bought a used 2017 C4 Picasso, restyled version. Been searching for it for months and finally found one in good condition but unfortunately with low equipment since in my country it's near to impossible to find one with good equipment. I would like to know if some OEM upgrades are available, I saw throughout the forum that admins can help if VIN is provided. So, here is VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] and upgrades I am trying to figure out if they are doable are Reverse Camera, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Sensors and maaaybe Motorized Tailgate (probably very highly unlikely)? Honestly, I doubt I can do any of those but at least an OEM reverse camera would be a cool addition!

Sorry for the long post and really hope you can help me get some answers. Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C4 Picasso "possible" upgrades?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Basically factory fitted originals - a big NO. The options you specify are factory fitted where available and these will have specific wiring looms and ECUs in addition to the hardware itself and the programming. some optional equipment may also require a full electronic architecture instead of an economy architecture, which affects the multiplexed wiring system used and also the BSI type.

The tailgate is a very complex bit of kit and not only is it completely different part to the non-motorised version, but the wiring looms and struts are different. The tailgate alone without the wiring and additional requirements would be about £1063.00.

Reversing camera: as an example, to fit front and rear sensors, the correct wiring loom and the vision pack without the screen would cost in parts alone about £760 without fitting. These are some options from Citroen for fitting of OEM parking assistance accessories, but some of these options exclude Automatic vehicles - so you would need to consult with the dealer.

Lane Assist requires the front facing camera module and a compatible Head Unit - so big bucks again..

I'll pause there as I think you get the picture.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
larjandukic
(Donor 2022)

Post by larjandukic »

Yeah, I figured, just need someone to confirm it like you did. Was hoping for at least a camera, because friend of a friend has literally the same exact car as mine, only addition he has is massaging seats and reverse camera. It was really weird to see only those differences when I drove it. Thanks a bunch!

One more question. I noticed a little crack on the plastic between chrome parts that make a citroen logo above the front bumper. Are those two chrome parts and plastic beneath/between them separate from the whole bumper? Can I just buy that middle part beneath/between chrome and replace it?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Which part do you need?
Attachments
bumper.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

larjandukic wrote: 06 May 2022, 23:35One more question. I noticed a little crack on the plastic between chrome parts that make a citroen logo above the front bumper. Are those two chrome parts and plastic beneath/between them separate from the whole bumper? Can I just buy that middle part beneath/between chrome and replace it?
The 'Emblem Bracket item (10) is a complete unit that includes the logo as you can see. Part: 1617536680 £105.17 in the UK. The 2 chrome parts (top and bottom) that make up the logo can be removed once you have the backing plastic containing them removed so you can get to the rear, but as far as I can see, spare parts only have the whole emblem support and the chrome bits as one part.
emblem.PNG
Unfortunately, as this is fixed in with multiple clips behind the bumper, it is necessary to remove the bumper to get to it. Be careful though as the headlamp washer pipes and other cables may be attached behind the bumper.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/124614475906?ha ... SwY4NekgwD

Marc
larjandukic
(Donor 2022)

Post by larjandukic »

wheeler wrote: 07 May 2022, 07:11 Which part do you need?
part 10! thanks for sharing this.
GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 May 2022, 10:07
larjandukic wrote: 06 May 2022, 23:35One more question. I noticed a little crack on the plastic between chrome parts that make a citroen logo above the front bumper. Are those two chrome parts and plastic beneath/between them separate from the whole bumper? Can I just buy that middle part beneath/between chrome and replace it?
The 'Emblem Bracket item (10) is a complete unit that includes the logo as you can see. Part: 1617536680 £105.17 in the UK. The 2 chrome parts (top and bottom) that make up the logo can be removed once you have the backing plastic containing them removed so you can get to the rear, but as far as I can see, spare parts only have the whole emblem support and the chrome bits as one part.
emblem.PNG
Unfortunately, as this is fixed in with multiple clips behind the bumper, it is necessary to remove the bumper to get to it. Be careful though as the headlamp washer pipes and other cables may be attached behind the bumper.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/124614475906?ha ... SwY4NekgwD
ok, i understand! the part you linked is not for my car, i have a restyled version. is it possible to order that from citroen dealer or is it too late for that now? and if you can give me right catalogue number for that and for the chrome parts also? thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I just found a link with the same part referenced in the item (if you look at the listing), but I'm not the seller so can't guarantee that - that's your job to do :wink: - but it's just for visual reference and will be the same fixing regardless.

Marc
larjandukic
(Donor 2022)

Post by larjandukic »

ok, thanks a bunch!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

... and by fixing, I mean how it is attached at the back. :wink:

Marc
dzidek23
My Cars: C4 Picasso Mk2 Airdream
C3 Mk2 Exclusive

Post by dzidek23 »

Hi,
I know this post came up few months ago :wink: but I have a question to that question.

I have a C4 Picasso (5 seats) 2014 with all bells and whistles: semi-automatic gearbox, adaptive cruise, parking assistance, collision prevention, etc. One thing that's missing is lane departure.

Based on the post and some other information from the forum, all of the wiring and electronics should be in place.
Is it possible to activate lane departure in such high spec car?

I can fork out for lane departure activation button for the side of the dash :wink:

Any information is greatly appreciated.

dzidek23

PS. Reading some more I would also be interested in activating full/dipped beam auto switch :)
Last edited by dzidek23 on 05 Jun 2023, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not really.

LDWS on later vehicles is via Video Camera, but the systems deployed can be different, so no it can't just be activated. It will need the correct hardware, software, Touchscreen and BSI updates at least. Ditto for Beam Assist.

Marc