(P0102) Anti-Pollution Fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chicobony
My Cars: Peugeot 307

(P0102) Anti-Pollution Fault

Post by chicobony »

Hello All,

Recently I have been plagued with a likely MAF related issue

Code:
P0102 - Flowmeter signalopen circuit or short circuit to earth
IMG_4368.JPEG
Symptom:
This issue causes an anti pollution message in the cabin and then seems to limit the revs to 3000 very slow and no power it is almost always on at the moment.

Details:
VIN: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Peugeot 307 2.0 Diesel

This issue occurred around a year ago and I changed the MAF sensor for a 2nd hand unit. It didn't resolve the issue however a few weeks after as if by magic the issue disappeared until the other day. Running the engine with the MAF disconnected just has the same behaviour.

It doesn't appear to be continuity close to the plug this has been tested with a DMM. Stripped back the cable cover to the 1st node in the loom there is no obvious damage and I can get continuity to the fuse box elements from the plug. (Albeit without a wiring diagram it is difficult to understand what is normal)

Cleaned the engine grounding point as it looked like it needed some TLC no change. Also cleaned the sensor with contact cleaner and changed the airfilter.

Tested some voltages today.

MAF Pinout Details
(Taken with engine running, no changes on rev change to 3000RPM):
PIN - Cable Number - Voltage (notes)
PIN1 - 1341 - 4.9v (Cable Disconnect) 2.7v (Connected to MAF)
PIN2 - Unknown - 14.3v
PIN3 - 1336 - 0v
PIN4 - Blanked
PIN5 - 1333 - 0.03v
PIN6 - 1365 - 0v

I am hoping someone on here might be able to give me some ideas of where to go next and possibly some decent pinout and wiring diagrams for the car based on the VIN.

Also if anyone is available around Anglesey, North Wales with PP2000 happy to buy you some beers to have a look at some of the data from the ECU.

Thanks All
chicobony

Re: (P0102) Anti-Pollution Fault

Post by chicobony »

just an update bought a brand new MAF and cleared all faults, issue came up immediately again.
chicobony

Re: (P0102) Anti-Pollution Fault

Post by chicobony »

Went to the local Peugeot dealer to see if they will give me some pin outs and wiring diagrams.

They wouldn't, apparently its against policy but they did do it for me a few years back. [-X