Air filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Reine
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.7 HDI TOURER 2009

Air filter

Post by Reine »

Hi , where to find a performance air filter to an C5 2.7 HDI 2009?
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Re: Air filter

Post by civvie »

Your local car performance dealer
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

From an aftermarket seller.

I wouldn't recommend it to be honest - to allow more air into the engine the Air filter has to be less dense, so will expose your engine to more dirt and contaminants getting in. For the little perceived benefit, I'd stick to a proper one that is designed for the engine.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Post by ozvtr »

When the C2 club site was still active, a bloke did a very thorougher and exhaustive test of modifications to the stock air filter box and also tested a "pod" style air filter.
He found that anything but the stock air filter box reduced performance and fuel economy!
You have to realize the engineers have done all they can to squeeze the best performance out of the engine, in it's stock form!

I am not saying that you will get the same results, but unless you are going to get the engine ECU "tuned" to suit the new air filter, you are probably wasting your time.
I would contact a 'chip-tuning' place and discuss what you want to achieve, if you are after a bit more performance. They are probably in a better place to advise you on what you need to do for your particular engine. I.E. change the air filter or not.

If you don't want to go down that road and still want to change your filter, K&N produce a range of quality performance air filters and modification kits. You can try their web site. Most large auto parts stores carry K&N filters.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

+1 for the stock filter in good condition, theres a lot of snake oil peddled to flog expensive filters to teenage boys.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.