Suspension Faulty

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Reine
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.7 HDI TOURER 2009

Suspension Faulty

Post by Reine »

I have a C5 2.7 HDI in 2008. After a workshop visit where various braking equipment was replaced and a new battery, the suspension has not worked as it should after that. I can raise and lower manually, but when I drive away the rear suspension is in the normal position while at the front it is raised to the max and it is very rocking.
Looked at the lds liquid, which turned out to be very low or empty, filled up a liter but it did not help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Suspension Faulty

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As you have a V6 version, the suspension height correctors are fitted to each individual wheel, instead of on the rear and front axle on 4 Cylinder engines.

I suspect they may have damaged one of these when undertaking work. So you need to take it back and hold them liable to correct if it turns out they have moved or damaged these as a result of the brake repairs after you drove away.

As for the LDS fluid, be careful not to overfill the reservoir. The fluid must be checked with the vehicle on the LOWEST suspension setting and must only be filled to between the 'a' & 'b' mark as shown.
LDS MK III.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc