Peugeot 3008 2010 MyWay RNEG issues

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

securityman
My Cars: 2010 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi exclusive

Re: Peugeot 3008 2010 MyWay RNEG issues

Post by securityman »

Hi Marc, VIN number as requested: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive 2010

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The RNEG system in your car does not have 2 FM aerials, so the FM2 connection on the diagram (a) should be unused on your original RNEG head unit.
So the FM/AM and GPS aerial is connected to the roof aerial via a long cable to the dashboard, that has a separate harness that it plugs into. This smaller harness then provides the connectors to the back of the RNEG unit. So in your case a single FM /AM for radio and a second connector for GPS.

So going back to your issue, your aftermarket Head unit may have a separate AM aerial connection. Try connecting the FM aerial into the AM connector at the back of your aftermarket unit and see if you can get AM reception (after retuning the head unit). If that works, then you may have to get a splitter to separate the FM/AM Aerial into 2, so you can plug the other part of the split into the AM connector.

I can't see from your enlarged image the other connections as they seem cut off to the right.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
securityman
My Cars: 2010 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi exclusive

Post by securityman »

Many thanks Marc👍