Peugeot 307CC window/sensor problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichiB
My Cars: Peugeot 307CC

Peugeot 307CC window/sensor problem

Post by RichiB »

Hello friends.

I have now bought my self a very nice Peugeot 307CC 2.0 Sport 177hp 2004 with red/black leather interior :-) Realy nice :-)
This car is ofcourse not perfect ;-)
I have some minor electrical problems.
When i bought the car all the windows/sdoor handle sensors worked fine, but suddenly after i unpluged the battery from the car the driver side window did not want to go all the way up.... it stoppes 10cm from top.
I found out that i could reset the windows and i did that and now the windows work fine but NOT the driver side door handle sensor..... :-(
The passenger side works fine, when i put my hand around the doorhandle the window goes dow a little bit and i can open the door, but this does not hapend on the driver side :-( I have to open the door a little bit and then it goes down a little bit.

How can i fix this?
You can see the problem in the youtube video below
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 307CC window/sensor problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Richi.

Many of these electrical issues can be down to the electronics - specifically the ECUs not being properly shut down and reinitialised after a battery change or disconnection.

For PSA cars, please follow this guide whenever disconnecting the battery to resolve these sorts of issues:

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Barjezus
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 307cc

Post by Barjezus »

I have exactly the same problem. The repair shop said I had to buy a new motor but I don’t believe it, since the motor still works perfectly when using the panel. Going up works perfectly on door close. I’ll try your method Marc and I’ll report back, ty
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The 'CC's do have a slightly different operation - lowering / raising the window slightly for door release and after closing. So the BSI reset may not work for this. It may well be a motor-specific issue on these as they are different units for the convertibles.

Marc
ChrisRobin
My Cars: On my Drive!
Megane Mk3 CC 1.9Dci 2011
Peugeot 308cc Alure 2.0HDi 2012

Post by ChrisRobin »

our old 307cc had this problem, but it also had a bouncing passenger window, so if you turn on ignition but not start cars the passenger window would drop a little then back up and drop , so on for about 5 times, took it dealer robbed £600 off us for a new window motor fitted and car just the same, when we took it back he told us it's and older car you will get some glitches nothing you can do.. so we lived with it for 12 months.
took it to a Peugeot tech we found to replace the wiring loom to the fuel cap as a cash in hand job, and he said oh you have a bouncing window, common fault door handle sensor takes in moistier then can not determine if your hand is there or not so it opens and closes a few times, try the window reset a couple of times in case it is slower learning, if not door handle sensor. when you change it look at the back of it, it will all brown and rusty looking, it was.
He was baffled why the dealership changed the window motor when it is a "known" fault with the 307cc, What i did was follow the battery disconnection routine left it off for 10 mins then reconnected and did the window learning which worked for a few weeks, but had to change the handle eventually as it was playing up, dead easy to do once door panel is off, but make sure it is a 307cc one as they are the only ones which have the electrical connector on and drop the window when you touch them.
If I remember rightly it cost me about £45 ish from Peugeot but that was a good 7 years back but nowhere near the £600 mark for the motor.
Oh yes in needs painting but I used my old handle covers so it didn't need paint.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@ChrisRobin Excellent, thanks for the feedback - this will surely help others in this situation.

Marc
ChrisRobin
My Cars: On my Drive!
Megane Mk3 CC 1.9Dci 2011
Peugeot 308cc Alure 2.0HDi 2012

Post by ChrisRobin »

Part number for handle is.
9101X2
It does both side as in the bag you get the small cap which has a hole in for drivers door lock plus the blank passenger side and one handle cover all need paint but as I said earlier if you careful you can use your old ones, even I managed too with my shrek like fingers, this number is for a 2007 307cc, but I think they should be all the same, not sure on the pre face lift but I can't see why not.
You can get them off a well know auction site but as it is a well know fault in them you may well be buying the same problem so try to find a new one on there I found my 2nd one searching 307 door handle and sift through them but you can try 307cc but they may be more expensive, it is suprising how many sellers do not realise there is a difference your will have wires coming from it and two plugs yellow and a blue one, mine came from a body shop selling on eBay brand new listed as 307 external passenger door handle bought for £15, I have added an image hope you can see it so you know what to look for.
Symptoms are.
Window does not drop enough when you touch handle and catches door seal (could be motor but I would handle 1st, it's a lot cheaper)
Window bounces when you unlock car or turn ignition on 3 or 4 times before stopping in closed position again it is more noticeable when it is passenger side and you get in driver side you will hear it , thud thud, thud, thud then nothing, if you hear it check both front side windows to see which one it is you should see it moving up n down when you hear the thuds, change the handle on the door that is playing up. If that makes sense.
Attachments
307cc door handle
307cc door handle
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
ernestbrearules
My Cars: Renault Kwid

Post by ernestbrearules »

The thread is from a year ago, but I'm here to help you out with your Peugeot 307CC window/sensor problem. First off, congrats on snagging that sweet ride with the red/black leather interior. Sounds like a real head-turner!
I understand that you were facing some minor electrical problems with the windows and door handle sensors. After unplugging the battery, your driver side window decided to act up and stop 10cm from the top. Not the coolest thing to happen.
I've got another suggestion for you. Check out this https://snapshades.com/car-sun-protection-for-infants/. They've got some awesome sun protection gear for your ride.