Ds7 cruise control issue

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AasimLuffy
My Cars: I currently drive a ds7 and a ds3

Ds7 cruise control issue

Post by AasimLuffy »

Hi guys new to the forum, but had numerous issues with the ds7. Bushes a few months ago, driveshaft last week, totally snapped! Below are 2 I need solutions for:
Main one being cruise control. I keep getting the error message which states "conditions are not suitable even tho I am on a motorway. Anyone have a solution.

I also have the rear headlight water issue but the car is now out of warranty, I've read its a common fault anyway dealers will replace even tho warranty has ran out?

Car is a ds7 ultra prestige pure tech 225

Any help would be appreciated 😇
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Ds7 cruise control issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

My advice is first, have you considered an extended dealer warranty if it's just out of manufacturers 3 warranty and the conditions allow?

As for the cruise control - it depends on whether standard or adaptive, but there are conditions that have to be met for it to operate. Things like winding roads or maybe the camera on the windscreen is dirty?

Regarding the driveshaft issue - was this done under warranty? There was a technical issue with the vehicle - shaking of the steering wheel and the body which (after checks) could lead to the replacement of the driveshafts and or front hub carriers.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
AasimLuffy

Post by AasimLuffy »

Hi appreciate the response.
I actually called ds Manchester today to get a quote, still waiting on a call back. Didn't mention the light to them as I've seen people have replaced them under warranty. My logjt is quite bad, there's at least a glass full of water and all chrome inside the light has now flaked off and mixed with the water.

Cruise control hasn't worked in a since a ds software update done under warranty, but I've never had an issue before that. As got camera in the windscreen, this is new to me, could give this a clean. Where exactly is this?

Unfortunately I had to pay to have the drivehsaft fixed as ds refused to do anything even after an official complaint to ds customer care nothing was done. Dealers wanted 500 just for the part, absolutely ridiculous. Found one used for 120 luckily.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The camera is generally behind the top windscreen:
ds7 camera.JPG
There are probably a multitude of conditions that need to be just right before adaptive cruise will engage, so if it's not a mucky windscreen and the road is ok, and you're activating it correctly then I hate to say iot but another one on the list for a diagnostic.

As for the lights - yes these were subject to a technical bulletin regarding water ingress. If it was just a few droplets and some steaming up, they generally said use the lights for a while and it will evaporate - but they had degrees of water ingress checks - and from what you describe these were complete warranty swap outs.

For the top of the range ultra prestige at £44k new plus options, the build quality and reliability is shameful. Lots of tech, but untested in the real world and with things like the wheels bouncing at the back over the roads, the driveshaft issue and a list of other things I'm aware of, it should never happen.

Marc
AasimLuffy

Post by AasimLuffy »

Never knew this about the camera I will have a look and see if it's built up any muck. But yeh the light thing for me is probably one of the worst as I said its ruined it from the inside looks like a snow globe with all the chrome mixed in the water. And as there is so much of it, no chance it will evaporate.

Just called ds for extended warranty and they're like we didn't know that was a thing. Customer care and dealers near me are awful!

Absolutely agree with you. Went for the highest spec in the ultra prestige and regret it massively with all the issues and customer service I've had. It's absolutely shocking! Probably a silly question but if I get 3rd party warranty do u think they will do something about the rear light?

Thank you once again
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problems - you need to tell them to reference the Technical Service Bulletin reference: D6AW01DKQ0 "PRESENCE OF MISTING OR WATER DROPLETS, OR WATER PRESENCE OF MISTING OR WATER DROPLETS, OR WATER
INGRESS INTO THE HEADLAMPS AND/OR THE REAR LAMPS INGRESS INTO THE HEADLAMPS AND/OR THE REAR LAMPS"

It details specific tests and covers headlamps and the rear units. The bulletin shows specific examples of water levels and ingress and the repair / replacement to be taken according to severity. It should be a warranty issue as they know about them....

Note in the reference above, they are all number zeros (0) not letter O's

Marc
Clarkeeee
New User
My Cars: DS7 Crossback 21

Post by Clarkeeee »

AasimLuffy wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 23:41 Hi guys new to the forum, but had numerous issues with the ds7. Bushes a few months ago, driveshaft last week, totally snapped! Below are 2 I need solutions for:
Main one being cruise control. I keep getting the error message which states "conditions are not suitable even tho I am on a motorway. Anyone have a solution.

I also have the rear headlight water issue but the car is now out of warranty, I've read its a common fault anyway dealers will replace even tho warranty has ran out?

Car is a ds7 ultra prestige pure tech 225

Any help would be appreciated 😇
The cruise I had the same issue. I didn’t realise it’s the finger buttons at the back of the stalk to make them work. Invisible buttons even the dealer didn’t know about!
MacSlavko
My Cars: DS5 2.0 BlueHDi

Post by MacSlavko »

Yeah, akward position.
Those buttons should be on the steering wheel and not on the stalk beneath (with bsome buttons behind it)...