Losing the will ... 206cc busts it rad with me..

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Huskyxantia
Donor 2021

Losing the will ... 206cc busts it rad with me..

Post by Huskyxantia »

:(

So, up comes the low coolant warning on the read out checking the coolant bottle its dry, so to get me home it took a litre of the wet stuff. Got home and got a lamp and the underneath of the car was wet , the roads are dry, i then shone my light into the engine bay and the completely bottom of the radiator has a puddle of coolant the full length. Whats caused this.

The rad was new back in the summer it seemed lighter than the other and it was a purchase from auto doc... now have they sent a duffy one or one for a petrol ? It was a bit different of a fit than the one that came out of it which was rotten.

So im needing another rad. Or part numbers ,

Marc where are you mate ..... [-o< [-o< [-o<
Peter.N.
Donor 2022

Re: Losing the will ... 206cc busts it rad with me..

Post by Peter.N. »

I would suspect that the head gasket is leaking and pressurising the system, either that or you have a duff rad.

Peter
Huskyxantia
Donor 2021

Re: Losing the will ... 206cc busts it rad with me..

Post by Huskyxantia »

One of the pipes from the dpf has become away from its clip and smacked a hole small enough to cause the leak, The rad is new its done only 1000 miles hopefully warranty its covered by might get me a replacement.

So today i will be running the car up to temp and recheck my findings of last nignt.