2011 C4 PICASSO 1.6 HDI INJECTOR BOLT TORQUE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pjbrady
My Cars: 2011 CITROEN C4 1.6 HDI GRAND PICASSO

2011 C4 PICASSO 1.6 HDI INJECTOR BOLT TORQUE

Post by Pjbrady »

Hi all, my problem is not an uncommon one its a chuffing injector. Having entered all the relevent info on Ebay I ordered a seal kit, a very simple process I decided to do before dismantling the relevant parts.
Big mistake, after removing what seems to be every plastic and insulating piece from under the screen area followed by multiple pipes, connectors etc I was presented with mr/mrs/ms (best keep everybody happy) chuffy on the far left of the 4 injectors.
After the usual struggle the injector was removed with the familiar gak. It is at this point I realised there was no white spacer or oil seal for the injector just a straight fit into the head and of course the copper washer. At this point I realised I had ordered the wrong kit so I ordered 4 citroen washers and saving 3 for the future. My problem is finding a torque setting for the torx bolt? and do I renew the bolt?
The injector is a Continental and I am not confident with the info shared online.
Can anyone help?🤔
PJ.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: 2011 C4 PICASSO 1.6 HDI INJECTOR BOLT TORQUE

Post by RichardW »

Is it a 16v or 8v version?
Richard W
Datadogie
My Cars: 2009 Citroen picasso exlusive satnav

Re: 2011 C4 PICASSO 1.6 HDI INJECTOR BOLT TORQUE

Post by Datadogie »

IT's a low torque something like 4 but then you have to tighten it up another 60 degrees. And as for new bolts, new is preferred. Think of a copper wire, how do you break it if you don't have cutters? You keep bending it back and fore till it snaps. That's why you need new bolts.