New Citroen C5 X

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: New Citroen C5 X

Post by GiveMeABreak »

£26k to £38k Stu

Only available in the 3 Cylinder 1.2 and 1.6 4 Cylinder Petrols, no diesel and as you say a paltry 31 mile range on electric!

I expect crummy economy for a car this size in the real world.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
antonioprm
My Cars: Citroen Dyane · 1969
Citroen GS · 1975
Citroen C4 · 2005
Citroen C4 Picasso · 2008

Post by antonioprm »

So, has anyone driven one yet?

I do think Citroen in particular and PSA as a whole have made all the wrong decisions since about 2012. And obviously wrong they were, and those warning against were arrogantly dismissed.
Now, it’s a shame, because I’d very much like something with the style of a Citroen DS5 (not that ‘spin off brand’ nonsense), the comfort of a C5, and the driving assistance of a modern car. This C5 X thing doesn’t look too dismal on the outside, even if it’s still a bit of a snow shoe, the interior while not my cup of tea could be worse… but it still looks underwhelming. Can’t they design seats that are both sporty and classy? Like they were able to in 2004-2012?
As to the environmental and political points raised, it’s vexing, yes.
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: BMW 635D
Citroen C5 Tourer (X7) 3.0HDi Exclusive
407 Coupe 2.7vh HDI
206 gti180
206 GranTurisme (Sold)
BX Gti16V (Phase2)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

I had been doing the man maths on getting one. I was getting quite deep into it with the man-maths having grown into full-on car-calculus, with brackets, root symbols, mantissas and exponents, numbers in super and subscript, inverse powers and all that good stuff. Then I discovered that the C5X is being made in china; at which point I stopped doing sums, and deep cleaned the whiteboard.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Jay-Bruce wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 18:57 I had been doing the man maths on getting one. I was getting quite deep into it with the man-maths having grown into full-on car-calculus, with brackets, root symbols, mantissas and exponents, numbers in super and subscript, inverse powers and all that good stuff. Then I discovered that the C5X is being made in china; at which point I stopped doing sums, and deep cleaned the whiteboard.
:lol: :lol: That did make me giggle :-D

Ahh, now a deeply cleaned whiteboard is a true thing of beauty 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenguy
(Donor 2021)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Hobby car + daily: 1996 Xantia 1.9TD SX 84k miles

Past:
Citroën C5 I 2.0i 16V SX Saloon-04
Citroën BX16RS -88 stolen and burned :(
Citroën BX 19GTi -89
Citroën C5 II 2.0i 16v -05
Citroën ZX 1.8i 16V Break -96
2x Rover 620 Sterling
Rover 620Ti
Volvo 850
Various C5 and Xantia bought and sold

Post by citroenguy »

Sloppysod wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 13:39 I just recieved an email saying I could, if I wanted, pre-order my New C5-X.
As my circumstances changed last year I was really tempted....for a while........ but why would I buy a car that will only run on its battery for maximum of 30 miles, because things like weather, driving style and battery age will reduced this theorectally range.

Needless to say I did not proceed, however, could not see anything about price!!
The very popular Kia PHEV's (In my country at least) do about the same mileage, about 50km.. It is definitely enough for everyday driving for an average person, around 20km to work 20km back and a few extra for popping to the shop on the way home.
But any PSA product is still far far nicer to drive and to sit in than any asian car.

The hybrid drivetrain is far superior to Kia/Hyundai, their gearbox programming is generally terrible and they have a transfercaxe-driveshaft-diff solution instead of many others having an electric motor in the back instead.
I have various repair handbooks and wiring diagrams for C5 mk1, Xantia, XM, Berlingo and C3 mk1.
I have Lexia/Diagbox (Sweden) and Servicebox/sedre
citroenguy
(Donor 2021)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Hobby car + daily: 1996 Xantia 1.9TD SX 84k miles

Past:
Citroën C5 I 2.0i 16V SX Saloon-04
Citroën BX16RS -88 stolen and burned :(
Citroën BX 19GTi -89
Citroën C5 II 2.0i 16v -05
Citroën ZX 1.8i 16V Break -96
2x Rover 620 Sterling
Rover 620Ti
Volvo 850
Various C5 and Xantia bought and sold

Post by citroenguy »

Jay-Bruce wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 18:57 I had been doing the man maths on getting one. I was getting quite deep into it with the man-maths having grown into full-on car-calculus, with brackets, root symbols, mantissas and exponents, numbers in super and subscript, inverse powers and all that good stuff. Then I discovered that the C5X is being made in china; at which point I stopped doing sums, and deep cleaned the whiteboard.
Take a look at the C5 aircross instead, it's made in the same Rennes plant as many of your previous Citroëns
I have various repair handbooks and wiring diagrams for C5 mk1, Xantia, XM, Berlingo and C3 mk1.
I have Lexia/Diagbox (Sweden) and Servicebox/sedre
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: BMW 635D
Citroen C5 Tourer (X7) 3.0HDi Exclusive
407 Coupe 2.7vh HDI
206 gti180
206 GranTurisme (Sold)
BX Gti16V (Phase2)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

I think I'd be more likely to buy an evoque than an aircross.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenguy wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 09:26 Take a look at the C5 aircross instead, it's made in the same Rennes plant as many of your previous Citroëns
I saw a C5 Aircross today... By modern bloaty SUV standards quite an acceptable looker - especially in white...

Daughter was looking at it with some determination and envy as she's finding her Clio a bit small to accommodate baby's buggy easily... She has to partially disassemble it to get it in the boot!

And baby is not easy to pop into her car seat either due to the Clio rear cabin being surprisingly small...

I never had that problem in an AX when daughter was a baby!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...