Wiring diagram for 206 and ECU identifification?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 206

Wiring diagram for 206 and ECU identifification?

Post by Ric Ochet »

Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for a 1.4 8v 206s VIN VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] The only ones I can find online cover Bosch and Magneti Marelli ECUs but I'm not convinced that's what I've got. I can't see any manufacturers marks on the ECU just two PSA stickers. Both BSI and BSM are from Siemens. I've even scoured the local libraries but they seem to have dumped their technical sections unfortunately.
Thanks in advance
dfabrici
(Donor 2021)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi 2004
Citroen C1 1.0 2008

Re: Wiring diagram for 206 and ECU identifification?

Post by dfabrici »

Hi, can you take and post some pics of your ECU?

Bye
Davide
Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Ric Ochet »

Hope this works, having a few phone issues at the moment
IMG_20210428_131040.jpg
Last edited by myglaren on 28 Apr 2021, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image rotated.
dfabrici
(Donor 2021)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi 2004
Citroen C1 1.0 2008

Post by dfabrici »

Thank you! That's more than enough. It's a SAGEM S2000-2A. They're a pita to work on as they're completely potted inside with white silicone. As for the wiring diagrams, I'm sure that some of the forum admins will be able to sort them out, as they'll have access to the complete VIN number. Be aware though, that usually, in the automotive world, due to the complicacy of the electronics and their circuitry, wiring diagrams are divided in areas. You'll find the diagram for the injection circuit, for the aircon, for the ignition/cranking and so on. It's difficult to find a diagram of all the connections on the ECU, as it would actually be a diagram of almost the entire vehicle. Why do you need it? If you explain us the problem we may be able to help you better.

Bye
Davide
Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Ric Ochet »

I've got a crank but no start issue and am trying to ascertain whether it's a loom or component fault. Hope no one minds me reposting my original list of things that I've tried.

I have a cranking but non starting '03 206 s with the 1,4 8v engine. Battery went flat during lockdown, charged it, car didn't start immediately which was odd but after a few tries it fired up fine. Couple of weeks later same story only this time it won't start and I'm sure it used to buzz and click when I connected the battery before. Check plugs, don't seem to be getting sparks or fuel, My cheap OBD reader says it can't connect to the ECU. Tried resetting BSI but only have the spare key with no remote locking so couldn't do it all. Not sure it's that though as the car warns if the key is left in the ignition and the door is opened. Speak to auto electrician, he suggests checking for voltage at the water temperature sensor. Only getting millivolts. So it seems the ECU isn't getting powered. Start reading about BSI and ECU problems but replace BSM with a second hand one from ebay on the off chance it was that. Still no start. Start looking for wiring diagrams and threads on checking the power supplies to BSI and ECU and then came across viewtopic.php?p=613501#p613501 With the ignition on I've got 12v at fuse 4 but nothing on 9 &16 of the black plug or 11 of the grey. Same result with the original BSM. My first thought was I must have been supplied a duff one from ebay but then wondered what the relationship between these units was like. Does for instance the BSM supply power to the BSI that then tells the ECU that there's no security issues, and the ECU then powers up other parts of the BSM or is the BSM completely powered once the ignition is on?
Any help, either practical or correcting a misconception in the above would be greatly appreciated.

I did get a response on the general relationship between the ECU,BSI and BSM but nothing that helped progress the problem. Car has 150k on the clock and the clutch hasn't a lot of life left in it (Mind you I've been thinking that for the last two years) so it's not worth a whole lot but it's been a reliable little thing up until now and I hate the thought of scrapping something for what's almost certainly a minor fault.
Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Ric Ochet »

Shameless bump, but I still haven't found a wiring diagram....
Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Ric Ochet »

If anyone else gets so desperate with a similar problem that they think about getting a Haynes manual ....don't bother useless thing only has "typical" wiring diagrams and nothing of any use on the bsm,ecu or bsi. The car is still in the same state (other things have taken priority) and I could really do with some help on this one. Thanks
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Post by ozvtr »

For what its worth to my knowledge to 206 is much the same as the Citroen C2/C3 (if I'm wrong I'm sorry but it's all I have for you).
You can try this link and scroll down to the appropriate version (KFV sagem 2000).
http://www.c3manuel.com/injection_allumage-151.html
Both your car and this diagram should be for the CAN-VAN electrics.

Be sure your key is the correct key (the immobilizer will stop the car from starting). Check the power supply for the injectors and the coil pack. Check fuel pump/fuel rail pressure. Usual suspect for a no-start but no DTC (no trouble code) is the crank angle sensor. Open up all the connector in the engine bay and look for signs of corrosion.

Good luck.
Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Ric Ochet »

Thanks for the response, unfortunately that link 404's . I'm pretty sure its a wiring or BSM fault. No fault codes because the ECU is unpowered. Just following another thread that seems to be the same fault and so far I'm getting the same results. BSM F2 and F15 are dead with ignition on. I have power at pin 12 of the green connector of the BSM but not at pin 8 of the black connector. It was suggested this indicates a BSM fault. I have replaced the BSM already but it's not impossible that it was another duff part despite the fact that it was sold as being in known working order.
Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Ric Ochet »

From viewtopic.php?p=671389&sid=ebccd17d99ec ... 54#p671389 "OK next step is to confirm that you have good earths at the following pins on the ECU plugs (with ECU disconnected)
48 way brown pins L4 & M4
32 way black pin H4
32 way grey pin H1
Also check there is a power supply to pin of pin B4 of the 48 way brown"
All of these check out fine
Rekxi
My Cars: Peugeot 206 sw

Post by Rekxi »

Hy, did you fix the problem with the starting? I have the same problem, maybe can you help me
Ric Ochet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Ric Ochet »

I did manage to fix it, turned out to be no power to ECU due to a broken wire. Have a look at viewtopic.php?p=709760#p709760 for a thread with more information.
Rekxi
My Cars: Peugeot 206 sw

Post by Rekxi »

Thank you, can you Tell me wich wire it was? Or by the Ecu which wire need tó have Power? (+)